Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmrich Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Husky pressure washer hu80530 has no flow when engine is running.
    I think I have all the hoses connected correctly and there is flow through the wand before I start the engine. But when the engine starts and I depress the trigger there is an brief spurt and then nothing. Not even the flow that the garden hose provided earlier. The trigger moves freely but nothing happens. When I shut the engine off the trigger again controls garden hose flow. There are no leaks or spray at another part of the hose or wand with or without the engine running. It is as if the engine pressure closes something off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2010, 06:45 PM

Disconnect the output hose, and start unit, see if there is water always going though.

Then we can go from there.
    bmrich Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 08:04 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    The water flowed freely with the output hose disconnected and the unit running. It also flowed freely with the hose connected, unit running and the wand disconnected. So it would appear the problem is with the wand. What now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure Washer w/Honda GC-160 5.0 HP Engine [ 4 Answers ]

I can't find the manuel for my Pressure Washer w/Honda GC-160 5.0 HP Engine. I believe I need to mix oil into the gas for this pressure washer, but no where on the washer itself does it say. Can you tell me what the oil/gas ratio is for this engine? Or specifically how much oil to add to 1...

Husky Power Washer [ 1 Answers ]

I had the same problem. I opened the handel and found the broken old O ring. I used a regular O ring from Home depot. The size is a little off, it lasts one or two times then it leaks again. Any one knows where to get the correct O rings? It is the next thing that I will try. Thanks in advance for...

Craftsman Pressure Washer with Honda Gas Engine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old Craftsman pressure washer with a Honda gas engine Model Number 580.768350. When I start the machine up and press the nozzle it has great pressure but once I release the nozzle to do something else and go to press it again there is no longer any pressure. If I stop the machine...

Increase in home water pressure with washer running [ 2 Answers ]

What would cause an intermittent increase in water pressure? I Noticed that when our clothes washer is running that the water pressure increases enough that the toilet valve will not shut off and that water was dripping from the faucet with the valve closed. This faucet does not drip when the...

Husky 1750 Power Washer has low HI Pressure. [ 3 Answers ]

This washer was working fine, then the Hi pressure was not as high as it was earlier in the day. Low pressure works fine, detergent draws fine and hi pressure kicks in but much lower than normal. Removed and cleaned all hoses and water screen. No clogs I could see. Owners manual mentions a by-pass...

View more questions Search