Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlf857 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2010, 10:27 AM
    Dryer does not stop when I open the door Kenmore 1996 no button just a metal piece th
    Just a quick question.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 12:27 PM

It's possible that the "metal piece" got sheared off by some clothes. Examine it carefully. You may be able to move/manipulate to prove it's faulty.

Model #?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 01:24 PM

Does the switch click when pressing in with finger.
    I know a girl that sued and won against a local laundry mat when opening the door did not stop and ripped into her arm and did Major damage.
    Yes I am trying to scare, that little switch is Important. Good Luck
    If you remove 1 wire and insulate/isolate, it s should not start and will confirm a new switch will correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Dryer door pops open [ 5 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer, model # 110.63932101, pops the door open after a few min of drying the clothes. I tried to lessen the load thinking the clothes are pushing the door open but even when I put two pairs of jeans in the dryer, the dryer stops and the door pops open. I have to keep...

Kenmore Gas Range Door Lock out, door is open [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Kenmore Gas Range. My manual has the following model numbers on it: 790-75922, 790-75923, 790-75924, and 790-75929. I was trying to reset an option and pressed the "stop/clear" button and held it for a few seconds. The door locking mechanism started to engage, so I opened the...

Kenmore Dryer won't stop when I open the door [ 2 Answers ]

Everything works fine, drys fine, except that when I want to get something out early or check the clothes and open the door the dryer keeps spinning and doesn't stop. Is there a sensor or knob stuck?

Kenmore Dryer Door Pops Open [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 90 Series Electric Dryer, Model # 110.66912692. I just took apart the door to get better access to clean the lint out of the whole unit. Everything went back together fine and the dryer runs, but the door pops open after about 10 seconds. The door pops open even without running...

Whirlpool dryer won't cut off when door is open [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer is about 6 years old and will not cut off when I open the door during the middle of a cycle? Any clues to what's going on? I really do not want to have to pay Sears to come and look at it and fix it. Thanks, Crystal

View more questions Search