Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2010, 06:43 PM

OK, really confused because the OP posted this several times, various info and a lot of similar answers

If you want custody, you will need to file for custody in court. Remember the father of the child has legal rights also, and his rights will have to be addressed.

If you merely use a POA, the mother can get mad any day she wants and merely come take the child, so that would or could really stress the child out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get custody of son if father leaves state and son stays here [ 20 Answers ]

My ex has residential custody of my 8 yeair old son. He is leaving to Texas in a few days. Ex put in a relocation and I am doing a objection. My ex is leaving my son here while he goes ahead and moves to see what the court decides. When ex leaves can I go to the courts and files a temp custody ?

My son is wanting custody of his son who is in foster care [ 2 Answers ]

This is such a confusing situation and we cannot seem to get answers from anyone. My sons ex-girlfriend had a child that we did not even know about. She had told him she was pregnant when they broke up but then no one ever heard anything else about it, so we assumed that she was just using...

Can I give my house back to bank voluntarily [ 3 Answers ]

I think I want to give my home back to the bank as it is not selling and I am going to lose anyway by selling it at the cheapest price. How does it work and are their penalties

Regaining custody after voluntarily signing over custody [ 4 Answers ]

I was a teen mother and I took care of my daughter from when she was born until she was about two and a half. I signed over permanent custody to my parents when I was unable to take care of her because of financial hardships and personal difficulties. I was told it had to be permanent because in...

Give up my son? [ 7 Answers ]

My ex-wife wants her husband who is the stepfather to my 7yr old son,to adopt him so he can financially support him if she should pass away.They are very well off and they would like to give him the very best schooling etc... They have a 1yr old son of there own.I have access to my son whenever I...

View more questions Search