Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Dec 16, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    Man that is an awful lot of pissing.
    Pissing about means messing around or carrying on too.
    Or in some parts they may say your " your pulling my pisser " :)

Val yea it also means messing or fooling about what you wrote lol
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 16, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Lol Val, yep us Brits are full of Piss and wind.
    Must have something to do with the post Pub kebabs ;)

Say hello to the Donner Kebab, the only food that deserves a Government Health Warning.
    It is only possible to eat one after a skinful of various alcohol beverages.
    Normally not consumed, but scattered artfully around the pavements as we tread our weary way home to bed, preferably before the beer googles wear off and we realise that the bird we've picked up is a complete minger, or a lock in at the boozer round the corner.

Dec 16, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Must have something to do with the post Pub kebabs ;)
    I hear that's where the saying on the piss come's from, because English pubs where really only a place that guys went to up until a few years ago, because guys do go to the toilet a lot when drinking a lot ! That's where the saying came from lol.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2006, 04:42 PM
    I've been pissed, pissed off and pissed myself all in the same evening... when I was younger.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 16, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Mag, that sounds almosted as bad as being pissed up, pissed on and pissed off in a few short hours ;)
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Must have something to do with the post Pub kebabs ;).
    Speaking of piss and wind... How about "pissing into the wind." In this coutry it generally refers to doing something really futile, or perhaps a bit stupid. :)

Say hello to the Donner Kebab, the only food that deserves a Government Health Warning.
    It is only possible to eat one after a skinful of various alcohol beverages.
    Normally not consumed, but scattered artfully around the pavements as we tread our weary way home to bed, preferably before the beer googles wear off and we realise that the bird we've picked up is a complete minger, or a lock in at the boozer round the corner.
    Never heard the term "minger" before. Sounds like what I once heard referred to in a movie as a "coyote date." In other words, upon awakening sober with her lying on your arm, you'd rather chew your own arm off to get away, than have to wake her up. That's just plain wrong. :( :)

Dec 22, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas1970
    Speaking of piss and wind... How about "pissing into the wind." In this coutry it generally refers to doing something really futile, or perhaps a bit stupid. :)

Never heard the term "minger" before. Sounds like what I once heard referred to in a movie as a "coyote date." In other words, upon awakening sober with her lying on your arm, you'd rather chew your own arm off to get away, than have to wake her up. That's just plain wrong. :( :)
    LoL that's a good old British term a " Minger " ;) but Thomas you made me lol when reading your version of it!

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I am Kishore from India. I want to improve my English vocb. Can anyone tell what's the best and easy way?

English help [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Teacher, Kindly help me out with the following. Are these OK? 1)The institute has two campuses. One for the juniors ;One for the seniors. 2) This should not disturb the work life and family life balance. 3) Such a thing is basically done at the corporate level. 4) I want a pen and...

English [ 1 Answers ]

The shoreline/ has many different shapes. What is the subject and the simple subject. Trying to help my child. But I need understanding also.

English Help [ 6 Answers ]

No problem can be solved by the same conscious that's created it. I'm kind of confused by the sentence above. Please help me with your knowledge. Q1. Does this sentence make sense? Q2. Is "conscious" usually used as a noun? Q3. Do we need to put "by" before "it" to make it sense. Q4. ...

English [ 3 Answers ]

I am needing some help. My daughter is in first grade and brang home a paper today that I can not help her with. They want her cut and paste the pictures given on to the correct areas. Areas being soft c, hard c and soft g, and hard g.The words for the c's are... celery, castle, cookie, cigar, and...

View more questions Search