Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jorjee1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Signature Loan
    I received a "check in the mail" and all I did was sign my name and cash the thing. I needed a dependable car at the time. I do not regret getting the loan but then my husband lost his job. He has since found another job, but making a lot less money. I can't afford the payments on the loan. HELP! I don't want to borrow money to pay it off. What are the legalities with this type of loan. Can they garnish my check.. or what can they do??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Yes this is a normal loan, and on the back of the check was a long paragraph saying you read the terms of the loan, and agreed to them.

If you don't pay, they can sue you and get a judgement, once they get a judgement they can attach any bank account you have, and garnish your check.

Plus normally these types of loans are from the lowest level of lending companies, ( sorry for you guys that do that, but my opinoin) and often they havve the hardest and meanest and most lying and most cheating collection people you will ever see.

These people often have their paycheck depending on the numbers of loans, and the payback percentage, and their colelction rates.

Maybe not the company you used, but most of they ones I have know perosnally

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Initials or Signature? [ 3 Answers ]

Are initials valid on a rental agreement or must there by a full signature?

Digital Signature? [ 2 Answers ]

OK I cannot figure out how to bypass this.. I am trying to download software from the tmobile website for my blackberry and my computer won't let me because it says that its an unknown publisher.:mad: How do I disable or bypass this? PLEASE HELP!:eek: No it doesn't it says.. INTERNET...

Outlook signature [ 2 Answers ]

Please HELP! When I go into Microsoft Outlook, then to options to insert a signature it always says that "the signature exceeds the maximum size allowed. Please reduces its length or formating before attempting to save again". But the thing is that my signature is not long and it still won't save!...

View more questions Search