Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yepiam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 09:49 PM
    Do I have to pay a salaried employee who claims to be at ER but no Documentation?
    I am an employer. I have a salaried employee who has missed several days of work be cause of health related issues which has caused him to go to the ER or doctor. He has not provided any excuses from the ER or a doctor. Do I have to pay him when he has nothing to show he was where he says he was? We do not have sick pay or vacation pay.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 6, 2010, 03:16 AM

If your wishes are included in an employee agreement that has been signed by the employee, that he/she must provide a doctor's note for a sick day, then no, you don't have to pay the employee.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a salaried employee be docked pay for doctors appointment [ 2 Answers ]

Can a salaried employee be required to use accrued sick time for a doctors appointment when other salaried employees are not required to do so.

Can a company pay overtime to a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

Worked over 40 hours in one week and was asked to work Saturday's for 8 hours each. Was told to keep track of my hours. 28 hours worked on numerous Saturdays and turned in my hours and now learned that they are only going to pay me half. Is this legal??

Hourly employee, paid on an salaried pay schedule [ 1 Answers ]

I am an hourly paid employee, that is paid on the 1st, and 15th of each month. Each two week pay period I receive 80 hours regular pay. When I do the math, I come up with 1920 hours a year, when actually I am working 2080. I tell my boss that the current paydays (1st, and 15th) is for salaried...

No pay as a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee and am entitled to 2 weeks. Vacation and 5 personal/sick days. I am required to work overtime without pay. I recent just came off an illness in which I missed 12 of my 15 vac./personal days. I was told I could lose those days, or not take the pay. However, I will have...

View more questions Search