Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basstotiesto Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 08:09 PM
    Subwoofer in vehicle making weird noise.
    I just bought a subwoofer for my car, it's a 10 inch kaption SPL. Every time I turn the music on, even on low volume the sub rattles and vibrates in a way it should not. If anyone knows anything about this problem please help. Its two days old and I'm pretty disappointed.
    bahamut Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jul 5, 2010, 10:23 PM

Is the sub box straped/bolted down? Check the rubber around the rim of the sub itself, if there is a tear that could be the cause of your problem.
    basstotiesto Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 10:53 PM
    Comment on bahamut's post
    No the box is not. And I checked the seal around the sub itself and it was fine but it still makes the noise and rattling.
    bahamut Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jul 5, 2010, 11:10 PM

Is the sub screwed into the box properly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird noise. Anyone ever hear something like this? [ 3 Answers ]

In my basement, where the water and propane gas pipes enter, I hear a noise periodically throughout the day which I can best describe as being like a light ball dropped on a hard surface from a few inches above, and then quickly bouncing a few times. I have visually inspected the area while the...

Why is my heat pump noise making a loud noise? [ 4 Answers ]

This morning my heat pump sounded like a lawn mower running. It's coming from the outside and it was loud enough for me to think someone had generator running in my back yard.

98 accord making clunking noise when making hard left turn [ 3 Answers ]

My 98 accord ia making a clunk, clunk, clunk sound when making hard left turns. It only does this with left turns a slow speed like making a u-turn. It actually seems to make the car bounce a little with each clunk. It is definitely not a clicking noise. I have just put a prelude h22 engine with...

Excessive Noise - Vehicle Horn [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Connecticut, outside of our town limits. We have a neighbor who has people pull up to their house and honk the horn, sometimes 10 to 20 times. This occurs at all hours but normally between 7:00 AM and 10:30 PM. Every day of the week! This has been going on for two and a half years and it...

Maytag Wide by Side Freezer making weird noise [ 5 Answers ]

My Maytag MZD2665HEQ is only 3 years old and it already had compressor issues. The compressor was replaced in February, but since then the freezer makes a weird creaking/groaning noise. It stops when the freezer door is opened but restarts as soon as you close it. Any idea what could be causing...

View more questions Search