Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2004, 10:46 AM
    Very Confused Guy
    Hello. 3 years ago I became friends with a girl. We became very close and developed feelings for each other and remained awesome friends. Through many trials, we really grew close love got strong. She was forced to move away with her family and I had no say in the matter( she was 19 and I was 24 when she moved) It was very rough and for a while there was no contact. She recently started contacting me every few weeks and we have good talks. In passing, she told me she met a guy who she kind of likes but doesn't know if he's right for her but I see she has feelings for him and it seems like she wants to kid herself. She said she will never find someone like me, but if Im honest we can never be together because there are too many outside
    Factors preventing it. I want to be supportive of her but it kills me to hear she is moving on. I think of her so much, but I don't want to tell her and just be pitied and she'll think I'll always wait for her no matter what. I know she misses me but she's still in school and Im not and I know that being around lots of new people in college is exiting and fun for her. I poured everything I had into her when we were together but she didn't really appreciate it because she was young. I am 5 years older than her. Now she is 20 and more mature and Im 25 so she says she realizes how much she didn't appreciate me back then and is sorry. On one hand it's
    Like she says she'll always care for me, but on another she tells me she goes out with other guys sometimes. That is definitely her right because we have no relationship, but I just hate to think of her forgetting me. I don't want to pull all away from her, but at the same time I don't just want to be kept in limbo while she tries to find someone better. I realize that I just wish she would always hold on and remember me in love but I guess that's just selfish. I do want her to be happy but I have such a hard time letting go. So far, she initiates the contact with me. I emailed once but I don't know how much to get involved. Should I just never contact her and just let her get on with her life? If I do that, Im afraid she will think I don't care about her and that is not it. I don't want to get in her way. But I also don't want to be a fool while she goes on enjoying herself and once in a while calls on a whim with boy promblems. I can't tell if she doesn't care about me and is forgetting me with every passing day or if she's trying to make me jealous with this new guy or if she really misses me or even if it's none of the above! Do any of you know what's going on and what I should do? I am a very confused guy as you can see... thanks
    Krystal Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2004, 10:37 AM
    Re: Very Confused Guy
    It is plain to see that this young lady considers herself to be a friend of yours. Friendship is nice. If however, you do not think that you can remain as just a friend to her, tell her so and see what she says... in doing this you will risk losing the friendship - but... if you can't stand to suffer in silence... speak up! It is clear to me that you are a friend to her.. and no more. If you think not, be daring and find out! Good luck!
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2004, 10:30 AM
    Very Confused Guy
    I agree with Krystal. Let her know where you stand. If she does not feel the same way about you but does value her friendship with you, she will repsect you & hopefully not talk about other guys until she thinks you are ready.

Get out & meet other women - that will help. And then you two can hopefully remain friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search