Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philly865 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 03:19 PM
    If my record says non conviction/nolle prosse should I answers yes to the conviction
    My record says non conviction and nolle prosse.should I answer yes to the have you ever been convicted of a crime on th application
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 03:45 PM

Answer no You were never convicted.

You could be eligible for expungement of the arrest record.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 04:21 PM

Well I may well disagree, while a nolo plea in and of itself is not admitting guilt, it is telling the court you are not guilty but they have enough evidence to convict you. It is normally done so that you are not admitting guilty if there is a serious chance of a civil law suit, so that they can not

The simple fact is that while you did not admit guilt, and they did not have a trial for a conviction, you accepted the punishment for the crime.

So just the same as pleading guilty, ( you were not convicted but plead guilty) a nolo plea is considered the same as being convicted ( you still get to sit in jail for the crime) only you are not admitting guilt for civil purposes
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 04:36 PM

I believe this supports my statement: Nolle prosequi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 04:49 PM

This Changing Your Criminal Record

Also supports my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by from above
    A Nolle Prosequi was entered in your case (This occurs when the prosecutor decides to drop the case either before or during trial. Lawyers commonly refer to this as a “noll pros”); or
    If the case was dropped, you were not convicted.
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 05:11 PM

I am sorry, I did confuse the term with nolo contendere

The other term is seldom used, in fact the legal references are that they are almost never used in today's courts
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 06:12 PM

Wow! You almost never get these kind if questions wrong and I rarely answer them, but I knew this answer.
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 06:21 PM

Took an assumption instead of looking it up. I have never heard of that ever being used, teach me to double check Blacks law dictionary

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a felony charge not a conviction. Can I get this off my record? [ 1 Answers ]

IN 1997 I was pulled over for speeding. The officer wanted to search my car and I didn't have a problem with that. While I was out side of my car the oficer was looking in my purse. Lord when h pulled out a pocket knife my late uncle had gave me I almost fainted. He told me that the blade was too...

Can a person become a CPA if they have a felony conviction on their record? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to become a CPA if you have a drug related felony in the state of Virginia that was in 1995?

Arrest record with no conviction & teaching [ 12 Answers ]

My question is this-We live in California & I just finished school to become an Early Childhood Education teacher. My husband & I had a wicked argument when we were going through a stressful time. I was going to take our son & go to Chicago because I'd had it. To prevent me from leaving my husband...

Remove felony conviction from public record [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Seven years ago I was convicted of a commercial Marijuana growing operation. I am not sure if it matters but I had four hundred plants and a substantial amount of money that was seized, as well as a large portion of my personal property. I have been a good kid since then, and have had no...

View more questions Search