Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dxv0001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Windows 2000 is getting this error
    A user keeps getting this message, "Stop kmode exception not handled, if this is the first time you are seeing this please reboot". User has done this 3 times and is still getting this message. Anybody seen this?
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Dec 14, 2006, 01:55 PM
    Howdy:

Is that the entire error message or does it name a suspect file?

As it stands, the error could be caused by anything from a specific virus to a bad file!

Murray

Dec 14, 2006, 02:40 PM
    I just found out the error is does have a bit more to say. After the "stop" it goes on reading 0x1e(oxc0000005,0xbba37ab0,00). I hope that helps out a bit to find the fix on this darn thing. Thanks
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Dec 14, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Thanks.. helps a bit more.. Does the error occur only at startup?

Murray

Dec 19, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Hey Murray,

Thanks for your help only thing was I didn't see your response. I think my problem was in my hard drive since it crashed on me about an hour later. I ordered a new drive and going to put the image back on wed or Thursday. If I get a hiccup ill post back on here. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

Using dos to turn off auto restart on error with windows 2000 pro [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to change the auto restart on error from dos with windows 2000 pro. When I log on with the imported username from the old os, (there was no password) the machine "applys user setttings" then immidiatly logs off! And asks me for the username and password and goes...

Access 2000 error [ 5 Answers ]

Hello to all. We are using an access database 2000 with 30 users. The dbase size is 50 Gig. For some reason we keep getting an error messsage that the dbase is not in recognized format and has to be repaired. This error can show up to 10 times a day. Please help. Thanks

View more questions Search