Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathfoster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Fan stopped working with remote/pull chain; light still works with pull chain.
    Hampton Bay Tahiti Breeze with light kit, Model 344 476; remote control, model UC7083T; & pull chains. Fan/light worked till last night; now fan does not work either way. Light works with chain. Checked electrical switches; okay. Tried replacing battery in remote, but no difference. Try to just use the remote, but the kids pull on the chains too. Help!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2010, 08:58 PM

Do you need the remote, or would you be happy if it worked from the chains only?

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My harbor breeze fan/light does not work the light only works by pull chain [ 3 Answers ]

The harbor breeze fan/light does not work with remote. Thae light works by pull chain but fan does not. The light on remote turns on when I press light or fan , but does not work fan or light

Change fan from remote to pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze remote fan and want to put the thing on a pull chain. Apparently the remote activator resides in the switch box on the wall. (I bought a display model and was missing the remote etc,) The light is no problem as it is straight wired. The fan though has the little black box...

Ceiling fan light pull chain won't pull. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix a pull chain light switch that will not pull?

How to convert remote control ceiling fan to three-way pull chain [ 4 Answers ]

I am wanting to change over from a remote control to a manual pull chain for my Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light. I have a off/on light pull switch which will not be a problem. I also have a 3-way switch that I want to wire into the fan. Existing wiring: black and white power; small yellow,...

Hampton Bay fan, convert remote to pull chain [ 7 Answers ]

I just had a Hampton Bay fan installed in my vaulted ceiling. It is a fan with lights. Installer was unable to install the remote unit because of the steepness of the ceiling and the longer downrod. The fan is currently functioning with a wall switch but only on high speed. We did not put the...

View more questions Search