Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beerface Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Insect nightmare
    I have these creatures. About a year ago, it started with a crawling sensation. Then the biting started. These things do look like salt or just dust when they are dorment. When you disturb them they take off. Yes, they do fly. They are easily seen when you are in the right lighting. Outside is the best. They are constantly trying to get up my nose. They move around on my eyebrows and the top of my head. Under floresent lighting they go nuts. I have had an exterminator spray. They just won't die. I have bought many brands of spray, and nothing has happened. Went to 2 hospitals and 1 dermatoligist. They didn't even come close to me. They seen scratched skin, and assumed it was dry skin. If those idiots would by the right magnafication equipment, they would see them on me. If they would have seen them, maybe they still could not help. The creams for scabies does not work. Any suggestions?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 08:52 AM

I would suggest capturing some specimens yourself then having them identified. If you can find them on your skin you can lift them off with transparent cellophane tape. Affix the tape to a white notecard or paper and take it to either a University biology department or (if you're in the U.S.) the County Agricultural Extension office. Once you have an I.D. then you can proceed to getting rid of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Strange Insect [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure this is the forum but you guys have been great in ID'ng things for me. While outside admiring the Iron Weed you folks ID'd for me, I felt something on my arm - rubbed it and then notice it looked like a very small preying mantis. Put it under stereo microscope and it wasn't. See...

Identify Insect [ 4 Answers ]

Over the past two weeks I have had tons of bugs crawling around my apartment office (in NYC). They are in three distinct colors, but appear to be exactly the same. The smallest is all white (legs body etc), there are also a few all red ones, and finally slightly larger blackish/brown ones. They are...

Insect sterilization [ 1 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of insect sterilization?

Insect help! [ 7 Answers ]

Why did insects never evolve (or grow) to sizes more than about 10 to 12 inches long (and, even more strictly no more than an inch or two in diameter)?

Insect help! [ 2 Answers ]

Why did insects never evolve (or grow) to sizes more than about 10 to 12 inches long (and, even more strictly no more than an inch or two in diameter)?

View more questions Search