Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StephanieB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2003, 08:35 PM
    What Do I Do?
    My boyfriend has really bad family problems. He hates his mother and his brother. My mom says that if he can't respect his mom, he won't be able to respect his wife. Is that true? Im just not sure. He doesn't want to come to family things, because he says he doesn't like when my family talks to him because they talk about the wrong stuff, and many other excuses. Im just afraid of the future. Am I worrying for nothing?
    elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Dec 28, 2003, 09:07 AM
    Re: What Do I Do?
    Yes, you might be. A guy I went out with had awful family problems but he is trying to break free from that and be a good person. Because of these problems he treated me really well, he doesn't want to make the mistakes his family did. Don't worry about it.
    Griffin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2004, 02:45 AM
    I think you are worrying too much, but I also think its good you are thinking about the relationship your boyfriend has with your parents, after all these are the people closes to you, the ones you rely on most. Maybe your boyfriend finds it hard to interact with your family because he's not used to it, also he might feel that he has nothing in common with them apart from you, if this is the case your going to have to bridge the gap, but don't worry if they don't get on straight away, or even if they don't at all, us blokes aren't really supposed to get on well with our girlfriends family, its just a bonus if we do. Don't let it get in the way of you and your boyfriend.

Hope this helps.
    Krystal Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2004, 09:52 PM
    What Do I Do?
    You are wise to worry. Cut this one loose now... he sounds like a real loser. Think of it like this. Do you love your family? Do you wish to interact with them after you are married? How important are they in your life? If you love them, dump this trash man and dump him NOW!
    Angela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2004, 03:32 PM
    Well I don't think you should worry. My boyfriend is sortof the same. He gets along with his mom and sibs but he is afraid of my parents. I think that you should stick with him he will treat you like a queen if he really loves you. Just ask your mom if she can lay off on the questions and the bad things about him for a while and let him get used to being around your family so that he will get better around your family and actually want to come to family things. Anyway good luck with him and hope things go better for you and him.
    moonchild Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2004, 11:05 PM
    You should know yourself what kind of person your dating , I don't think its fair to judge him on his family relationships. Many people from broken homes work harded than every one else to make relatyionships work to break the cycle.
    Trust your instincts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search