Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adriandee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 05:05 PM
    I have a pyron model MS7528 is soundblaster model SB0680 compatible
    I have a pyron desktop I want to install soundblaster card model SB 0680 what do I need to do . Pyron model ms-7528 it has onboard nvida Geforce-8400
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 06:28 PM
    I didn't find that card model in any of my reference info (which is U.S. centric) or by Googling. Pryon? Computers look to be popular in the Australia market area. That Soundblaster card model may be region specific. What is the marketing name of the card (Soundblaster AWE 32, Audigy 2, X-Fi Titanium, etc.)?

The MS-7528 motherboard looks to support two PCI, one PCI-E x1 (depends on board revision), and one PCI-E x16 expansion slots and has a Intel G31 chipset. Perhaps the board in your region comes with onboard NVidia? Reserving the PCI-E slot for a current or future discrete video adapter, that leaves either a PCI or possibly a PCI-E x1 slot for the Soundblaster. If the card is either of those formats, then the general installation procedure would be to:
    1. Locate and download drivers and installation instructions for your operating system from the Soundblaster web site for your region.
    2. Touch the metal chassis of the computer to dissipate any static charge on your person.
    3. Disconnect the power cord from the computer and allow several seconds for the motherboard to drain of charge.
    4. Physically install the Soundblaster into the compatible motherboard slot.
    5. Reconnect power cord.
    6. Boot the computer and install the drivers downloaded in step #1 or per the installation instructions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm replacing a white rodgers 1F58-72 model thermostat with a Hunter model 44155C [ 2 Answers ]

There are some different wiring codes that are different how do I do it.

Where can I find specs and information on a Beach model Furnace (oil) model MO-70P? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I am selling my house and I would like to know the lifespan and long-term performance of this model of Beach oil burning furnace. And if possible, what year it was manufactured, I think it's in the 1970's or 80's. I need this information to provide to my realtor to find out if it needs to be...

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model Model 587.16142402 It was working fine the other da [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model Model 587.16142402 It was working fine the other day and now it doesn't work at all. No lights in the display or anything either. I had replaced the fuse which the stove, garbage disposal and dishwasher are on. And only he dishwasher has not come back on.. . Please...

Dennis is buliding a scale model he needs to find how tall will his model be? [ 3 Answers ]

Dennis is building a scale model of an office building. He has chosen to use a sclae of 1.0 in. = 15 ft. If the actual height of the bulding is 180ft, how tall will his model be?? :)

How do I change from standard Lennox 21J7201 to a compatible digital model? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a standard rectancular wall mounted electric Lennox 21J7201 (house is 10 years old) and want to change to digital model that has 5 / 2 programming (a 5-day and a weekend program). I have an air handler unit in the garage that controls the central air / heat unit outside. The air handler in...

View more questions Search