Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scarfire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 08:43 AM
    2" plumbing rough in does not drain fast
    I'm installing a tub & shower combo in my basement. The 2" pipe after I uncapped it shows the pipe to Go straight down about 2' or so. I wanted to see how it drained because I could smell oder and decided to put some water in this pipe. The pipe filled up almost to the top and slowly went down so I'm lost and don't know where to go from here. Is their no p-trap, is it a venting problem Im confused.

Check out some similar questions!

Compact toilet drain plumbing for 10" joist with 6' run. [ 4 Answers ]

We have two second story toilets which have plumbing that hangs below the first story ceiling level. I would like to re-plumb them so that the plumbing is located within the existing 10" joists. The current plumbing diameter is 4". One toilet is 6' from the wall where the drain travels to below...

How much does it cost to "rough in" plumbing in a garage? [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to convert my father in laws garage into an apartment. The garage right now is a typical standard one car garage. I would need a full bath and kitchen. I was wondering how much it would cost to install water lines, and drains. Can the water come from the main house? Would it be more...

Tying 2" drain pipe to perpendicular 3" drain line under slap [ 3 Answers ]

I want to avoid a 90 degree bend under slab. However, I have to reduce from the 2" pipe that drains the WM to the 3" main drain line, and the reducing tee I find has a very small sweep. Do I need to use a reducing combination wye and is there such thing?

Rough plumbing in slab - drain and vents [ 5 Answers ]

I'm having a difficult time finding a plumber for a small rough plumbing job and may be tasked with this project myself. I see a lot of great info on this site. I've attached a drawing of my floor plan (small garage apartment) and I'm looking for some advice on it. I've laid out my drain and vent...

Why two 2" pipes in rough plumbing basement bath? [ 2 Answers ]

The plumbing drainage is roughed in my unfinished basement. I recognize the shower/tub drain and the toilet drain. There are two 2" pipes coming out of basement floor one on each side of toilet drain. One has to be for the sink but not sure what the other is for. Any help would be appreciated. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.