Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odysseus99 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 08:04 AM
    California inheritance law are children of incest entitled to inheritance ?
    A man impregnates his daughter then unsuccessfully tries to kill his wife before committing suicide. The daughter has a child,and the wifecontinues the relationship which set off the event,and lives in the original house with the new husband.Other property owned by the deceased is presumably placed in a trust of unknown holdership. Is the child entitled to inheritance as a child of the deceased? As a grandchild?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 08:06 AM

Is it that your trying to find out about the trust? Which party are you in all of this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 08:12 AM

No matter what happened within the dynamics of the family; he impregnates his daughter and she has his grandchild. That's the way I see it. It would take a court of law to determine the outcome of any property inherited if it was going to be disputed by the widow.

But yes, what party are you in this grouping ? A family member or just an interested person. Unless you are a family member I wouldn't think it would be any of your business.

Tick

Jul 4, 2010, 09:40 AM
    I am the adult child of this event
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 09:42 AM

The wife gets the estate of the man who committed suicide.

If there is a will or trust leaving money to any children of the man who committed suicide, yes, the child from incest is a child, and would have equal rights to other children.

Jul 4, 2010, 09:43 AM
    And I have to teel you that I would debate being his grandchild, rather I think it would be equally valid to be defined as his son.

Jul 4, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    The wife is my grandma. She is 89 years old and with advanced altzheimers.the daughter(my mom) was under age at the time and hid the paternity from her mom(and hid it from me also. It took many years to find out

Jul 4, 2010, 10:06 AM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    I am the adult child of the event

Jul 4, 2010, 10:19 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    As I mentioned above, I am the adult son of the event

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California inheritance law [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a provision of annulment of written inheritance under the California law for a son who has had abandoned his mother in the last years of her life, when she needed him most? Thank you.

California inheritance law [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My brother lives in California and has become an American citizen. Our parents were Canadian. Will my brother have to pay any type of inheritance tax or fee for his share of his inheritance because the monies orginated from the sale of my parents home in Canada? Thank you

California inheritance law [ 1 Answers ]

I was just contacted by the sister of a friend in California, who informed me that her brother, whom I had been friends with between 1998 and 2002, when I was living in California, had passed away and left some inheritance for me. However, he left it to me in the name he knew me by, which is a...

California inheritance law? [ 3 Answers ]

I am married and live in California. I have inherited some money from my father and I want to know if this inheritance is community property or does it just belong to me alone?

Inheritance law in California [ 3 Answers ]

Should a parent who is preparing a revokable trust document name the spouse(s) of the children that would 'inherit' property when the parent dies? If only the children of the parent are named, does the spouse of any child have a claim if s/he is not named in the document? Example: a mother, age...

View more questions Search