Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARK.LUDGATE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2010, 05:32 AM
    Was my house a pub
    I would like to know if my property used to be a pub or club when imoved in I noticed there was a cellar in the garden with the sloping sides where the beer barrells would have been rolled .I have done a bit of research and can only trace it back to a TV repair shop although on the site were I am there was a bakery /astable/and maybe a shop. I don't know the date of the building but I would imagine it is pre 1900s
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2010, 06:32 AM

The only way to know is through census records or your assessor's office.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 4, 2010, 06:48 AM

Your abstract should give you a list of former owners. Good luck, Tom
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2010, 07:07 AM

In my area the owner would be listed but not the purpose the property was used for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 07:25 AM

Of course back in the 20's when there was beer and the such was illegal, many illegal clubs were done in all sorts of buildings, and there will be no record of it.

You will have to try and find people who knew the property over the years.
    manhattan42 Posts: 143, Reputation: 11

Jul 4, 2010, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Of course back in the 20's when there was beer and the such was illegal, many illegal clubs were done in all sorts of buildings, and there will be no record of it.

You will have to try and find people who knew the property over the years.
    "Prohibition" was uniquely American.

The original poster in this thread is in the UK...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pub 936 home mortgage interest deduction [ 1 Answers ]

I refinanced my home in July 2009. It is a 15yr FHA refi. On our settlement sheet, we paid a 2% Loan Discount Fee of $2,686.20. We also paid Mortgage Insurance Premium Fee of $2,310.00. The mortgage loan was for $134,310.00. Am I able to claim the 2% Loan Discount Fee and the Mort. Insurance...

Pub files [ 7 Answers ]

I received an e-mail with two pub files attached. I can no open them. I am using windows xp and my adobe will not open them. I do not want to purchase anything to open just these two files . Any help would be great.

IRS pub. 54; Chapter 4- Requirements [ 2 Answers ]

IRS Publication 54, Chapter 4, pg.11 states: Requirements To claim the foreign earned income exclusion, the foreign housing exclusion, or the foreign housing deduction, you must meet all three of the following requirements. 1. Your tax home must be in a foreign country 2. You must have...

Alty's Pub, Come one, Come all. [ 1501 Answers ]

Greetings and welcome to Alty's Pub, your after hours spot to unwind and have a pint.:) So pull up a stool, relax and order a drink. The sky's the limit and anything goes (with the drinks that is).:p Would you like a Beer, in a glass or in the bottle? How about a fancy drink with a little...

Was filmed in a pub [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya I been trying to find out who and what its called I can only think of some of the lyrics Kept saying only you baba ba ba put the other guys were doing the beats to the song for the back ground its and oldie. Help thanks x

View more questions Search