Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brjowder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 10:22 PM
    I am married from an american ,when do I get my green card and american passport
    I am from kingdom of bahrain, married from an american citizen since November 2009. I need to know about my right in getting the american passport or green card. My husband live with me in my country.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jul 6, 2010, 11:14 AM

The permanent residence depends on when he files, not when you are married. He needs to file the relative petition (I-130) for you and you need to then apply for the IV at the US consulate. If he is living in the consular district, check to see if he can direct file the I-130 relative petition.

Consult with an experienced US immigration attorney, there are a lot of them in Bahrain and KSA. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American passport [ 1 Answers ]

I am an american citizen, my daughter born in Pakistan last month and my wife is not coming back nor she is giving my daughter to apply for an american passport. What should I do?

Can I gain american citizenship if one parent has British and American Passports? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I gain American citizenship if one parent has British and American Passports? I am a British Citizen and in my early twenties, am I able to still gain dual citizenship? My mother was born in America although she lives in the Uk. I also have an English cousin who married an American in the last...

Green card for parents if the child is an American citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been here for two years under J1, respectively J2 visas. Our visas will expire next year. While here, our son was born, so he is an American citizen. Is there any possibility that we can stay here legally under a different visa (or applying for green card), after J1 and J2...

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

American passport necessary? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a Swedish passport for my son, born here in USA. He is now dual, but we live in the States. His dad is American and I'm Swedish (his mother). My question is, does he need an American as well for travelling, Or is the Swedish one enough? Our daughter has both and has been to Sweden a...

View more questions Search