Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kraig14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 04:57 PM
    Rebuilt bikes
    I'm looking into buying my first motorcycle and its between a rebuilt and an original. I've heard that rebuilds can be filled with problems, is it true?

Thanks,
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 05:30 PM

No, it depends on who did the rebuilding. Make sure it runs good. Check the Oil. Good oil doesn't mean its good, it is a good sign. Missing screws, washers, and Missalignment of wheel(rear wheel indicator)on swing arm are not good indicators.
    If you have a bike in mind let us know what model.
    kraig14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 08:40 PM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    Its an 01 cbr 600 F4. Thanks for your help
    RiderX Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 05:47 PM
    Like stratmando said, it depends on who rebuilt it and if they took shortcuts or took their time and did a good job. Me and my brother rebuilt my 2006 yz250f and the first time only put a few things into and a year later after riding into the ground we locked it up, but last year we went in and dropped a load of cash it and built it to the wood. I have a dyno sheet from his work and it blows a moded 2010 fuel injected cr250f out of the water in torque and Hp through low mid and top end. I have some pics of it if you want them posted, but if you have a connection at a bike shop somewhere have them look at it and listen for any knocking, exhaust leaks and all the other odds and ends. Alignments don't matter on those bikes unless they are an aluminum frame because you can't bend aluminum back into place without breaking it unlike steel, steel you can bed back if done right. He should also let you test ride it and check all the gears smoothly shift and brakes work, etc.. Also a moded bike usually will have an air filter kit and exhaust of some sort if they did any engine modes and especially a programmer if fuel injected. Hope this helps a little!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can GFIC breaker be rebuilt [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 30A GE GFIC breaker installed along with a 20A GE GFIC in my Hot Tub breaker panel. The 30A keeps shutting down the system. Tested all voltage and amp draw thested for shorts etc. Disconnected heater and pump plugs at hot tub still pops. Since these list for $200.00+ each I decided to try...

Rebuilt well pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well pump that was rebuilt over 20 years ago and stored since then. Wife and I are contemplating putting in a shallow irrigation well. We were wondering if there are any parts of the pump that would be subject to damage during its storage, it is a 1.0 hp Century, 7.2/14.4 amp and according...

The Castle of doom 3, we rebuilt it! [ 1499 Answers ]

Hi all, Queen Alty speaking. The duck is busy pruning right now, but I'm sure she won't mind if I invite you all in. Welcome to the new and improved castle. Yes, another fresh coat of paint, a new building addition, and we even bought piranha's for the moat, the alligators are scared. ;) So...

Breaken in after rebuilt [ 1 Answers ]

I just have a small question for anyone who can answer it. I just finished rebuilding my chevy 350 small block and needed to know how long should you break in engine. Thank you

View more questions Search