Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Does my girlfriend have a hematoma injury?
    my girlfriend injuried her right elbow almost two months ago. I took her to the doctor and they took x-rays. The doctor determined from the x-rays that the injury came from overuse and that the condition is called "hematoma." She works at a pizza chain and got the injury from lifting buckets of pizza sauce repeatly everyday. She thinks it is a more serious injury than what the doctor says she has wrong with herself. She wants some more opinions from other people. I have attached her x-rays to this question. Please look at them and tell me what you think.

>X-rays removed as they contained personal information<
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 11:36 AM

I'm not a doctor, but I do know that hematoma means bruise. I don't think your girlfriend has a hematoma. It would be visible on the outside of her elbow and would be "black and blue."

She might have something called "tennis elbow." Check the medical web sites for the symptoms and ask her if the symptoms match. Here are two good sites --

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tennis-elbow/DS00469

http://www.itendonitis.com/
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 11:48 AM

Assuming as you said this is a workers injury, I can only assume again that she went to a doctor that was approved by her company for workers injury.

She may
    1. ask this doctor to give her a second opinion though another doctor
    2. look at the list of approved workers comp doctor and go to another doctor on the list
    3. pay for a independent doctor of her choice for another opinoin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ear hematoma [ 4 Answers ]

My dog dad ear heamatoma . Done surgery. Now post op day 10. Stitches yet to be taken. But now he have got thick ears at drained site. :(. Seems the cartilage is thickened. No new hematoma. His ear is floppy.. Why is it due to... Will his ear become straight again..

Dog ear hematoma [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We recently took our golden retriever, Sadie, to the vet with an ear hematoma. $400.00 later, we took her home with a drain in her ear and lots prescriptions. They removed the drain three weeks later, but of course with the ear hadn't healed where the drain had been and the ear filled up with...

Canine ear hematoma [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 year old chocolate Labrador developed an ear hematoma in her left ear. She previously had the same problem in her right ear and at that time we had it drained and stitched closed in what I can best describe as a quilted pattern with many stitches. This time we had it drained and immobilized...

View more questions Search