Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jklopp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 10:57 AM
    Disk stuck in e drive. Tray opens but no disk.
    I inserted a CD-RW to burn a copy of photos. The tray opens but there is no disk. The disk is stuck inside the drive. How can I retrieve it?
    Thanks,
    JKlopp
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 03:20 PM

Take the drive out and there should be a few small screws holding the top on. This these out and you should be able to access your disc.

Rick
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 09:13 AM

Ok... I didn't know it was a laptop.This complicates things. I have a HP DV2000z laptop and in order to get to the drive you have to take out ALL screws on the bottom of the laptop. I am unsure of your model.

Keep in mind when taking apart laptops there will be voidance tags inside that once these tags are broken ie: taking the machine apart, your warranty is void.

Rick
    jklopp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 06:32 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Hello Rick,
    You have convinced me that I will probably need to take this problem to an expert! I am a blonde English major. Thanks so much for your help. Jene

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a disk stuck in my E drive on my E Machine. It will not open. [ 1 Answers ]

My E drive will not open. There is a disk stuck in it. How should I get it out and what is wrong with it?

Boot disk error insert system disk [ 4 Answers ]

When booting computer, the screen goes blank with boot disk error. Please insert system disk

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

What I want to do if "local disk drive c" opens automatically [ 3 Answers ]

Hi; When I am log in to my computer each time my "local disk drive c" is opening automatically.what I want to do stop opening of drive.

View more questions Search