Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sytf14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Army Basic Training Packing! Help?
    I'm a female going to fort jackson on Tuesday for basic. Now I received a list of things to bring, but I've been reading I don't need most of it. And also I need to buy underwear, towels, and bras from basic? What do I really need to bring besides paperwork?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 10:20 AM

You don't buy things from "basic training" they do furnish uniform items.

You should bring the items on the list.
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jul 4, 2010, 02:14 PM

When I went through the AF BMT. Everything I brought with me had to stay looked up in my suitcase and locked away in a closet the whole 8 weeks. So of course I had to buy new things i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste and other bathroom goods with money the AF gave me though. But that was AF basic and not the Army so I don't know how their basic works but I would imagine similar

It would be smart for you to bring some of your civilian clothes so that when you get to your training and you are able to wear civis you have them and not having to wait for them to be sent to you.
    Strength89 Posts: 72, Reputation: 24

Jul 6, 2010, 07:28 PM

Go to the recruiting office and ask. Bring what you can from the list and bring nothing else. I doubt you will need much. I could be wrong but I'm sure they will issue you all that you need in basic.

When I left for the Navy basic, I brought me, my paperwork and whatever clothes I had on and a backpack.. they stripped me and everyone else of our civilian attires and issued us everything from bras, underwears, toothpaste and anything we needed to survive.

I don't think you wear civilian clothes in the Army basic.

Also, unless it is different for where you are located, you go to MEPS one last time and stay overnight at the hotel provided. If that is the case, bring a small hygiene pack for you to wash up with.

Pack small BUT smart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and [ 1 Answers ]

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and their officer name was Sergeant? And one name was Jerome and another name was Epstein or something.. I just remember the movie name has two words. The first one starts with a B and the second also starts with a B....

Packing nut leaks [ 4 Answers ]

I have a packing nut leak on a main line shut off valve. Can I remove the packing nut to make a repair without turning off the water?

Always packing my bags [ 6 Answers ]

What do you do when your mate pack your bags up every time she/he gets mad at you?

Army Basic Training [ 7 Answers ]

This sounds a bit petty but I realise that when I go on basic training I will be supplied a kit. Do they supply underwear? Do I get to wash my own underwear if not will I get my own underwear back from the laundry. I realise it sounds a bit odd but I don't like the thought of wearing some other...

Basic Training Stuff [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my folks have decided to try to learn computers :eek: . So I am hoping to find some really basic introduction training materials. Either a website with movies on or something to printo out and follow. Anyone have any good suggestions? TIA

View more questions Search