armankhan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 07:08 AM
    How to make chili chicken
    Just a quick question.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 07:18 AM
    Chili Chicken

500-600gms. Boneless chicken (cut into1-inch cubes)
    2 tbsp Soya sauce
    1 egg
    2 tbsp corn flour / corn starch
    5-6 green chilies (finely chopped)
    2 green onion tops (finely chopped), if available
    1 tsp garlic paste
    Salt To Taste
    1/2 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
    1 tsp sugar
    A pinch of ajinomoto (optional)
    2 cups chicken broth / water
    1 tbsp oil
    Oil to fry

How to make chili chicken :

* Take 1tbsp. Soya sauce, 1tbsp. Corn flour, salt, egg in a bowl and marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
    * Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
    * Now in a separate wok / kadhai heat 1 tbsp. oil and add garlic paste and green chilies and sauté for few seconds.
    * Add 2 cups of chicken broth or water. Bring to boil and add sugar, pepper powder, salt , ajinomoto and remaining Soya sauce.
    * Add fried chicken pieces to it and cook for few minutes.
    * Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add to the curry stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
    * Serve chili chicken hot garnished with chopped green onion tops. Goes well with steamed / boiled rice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken Stock vs. Chicken Broth? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first time asking of you Gentle Folks. I've recently found the advantage to using canned chicken broth to start my chicken soups and other dishes. However, what's the difference between "chicken stock" and "chicken broth"? It has come up because I have a couple of coupons for...

Who sings-has a chicken got lips, has a rattlesnake got hips,can an elephant make a l [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings-has a chicken got lips, has a rattlesnake got hips, can an elephant make a living blowing bubbles through his nose, if a blind man can stare and a bald man combs his hair-blow in his ear and he'll follow you. This was on an old 8 track with The Green Green Grass of Home

Chili explosion [ 2 Answers ]

I went grocery shopping recently while not being altogether sure that course of action was a wise one. You see, the previous evening I had prepared and consumed a massive quantity of my patented 'You're definitely going to $h!t yourself' chili. Tasty stuff, albeit hot to the point of being painful,...

Chili meal [ 3 Answers ]

A young cowboy walks into a seedy café in Prescott, Arizona. He sits at the counter and notices an old cowboy with his arms folded Staring blankly at a full bowl of chili. After fifteen minutes of just sitting there staring at it, the young cowboy bravely asks the old cowpoke, "If you ain't gonna...

View more questions Search