Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holmes67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 03:15 AM
    Changing name on joint mortgage?
    What would be the procedure of changing the name on the joint mortgage from my brother;s name to my wife's name.

Would I still b able to continue with my current mortgage??

Steve
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 3, 2010, 03:20 AM
    This depends on the lender, but most likely you would have to refinance the loan. Who is listed on the deed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a joint tenant on a mortgage allow a man to live with other joint tenants? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and husband have a joint tenancy mortgage/deed with my exhusband. My daughter has made $76,000 worth of mortgage payments while living in the home with her husband and child. Recently she became ill and unemployed. The house was on the market for many months with no offers, and the...

Can I take over a joint mortgage inmy name [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in a joint mortgage with a friend for 20mths, he is getting married and moving away and I would like to take the mortgage over in just my name. Can I do this and how? Do I need to re-mortage?

What are my rights if I want to get out of a joint Mortgage? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a joint mortgage with my now ex partner, our house is on the market but I have been living there since he left in May 07, I have now just moved out to start a new life and just wait for the house to sell. My ex and I have been paying half each on the mortgage, however he has just told me...

Looking to go from Sole to Joint Mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone... Happy new year by the way! I'm currently looking to join my mothers mortgage, and was wondering how I would go about doing that, ideally it wouldn't be a half and half sort of arrangement(more 30/70 in her favour), is it just a case of my mother saying that she wants someone...

View more questions Search