Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Swole Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 06:19 PM
    Truck driving with poor work history.
    How hard is it to get a truck driving job with poor work history? I saw a company is hiring but they want good work history for the last 3 years. Since I got laid of in August of 2008 my work history hasn't been the best. I have a clean driving record and a clean criminal record.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 07:18 PM
    No room for pretense here... lay it all out on the line...

What is the issue with your work history?

Is it inconsistent, in that you haven't had regular work?. or is it that the work you've had has turned sour, and that you won't get good references?
    Swole Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 07:29 PM
    No, I kicked on unemployment benefits for a year and got a job as a correctional officer. Realized being a correctional officer wasn't for me and quit after 4 months. Then had a job at a help desk after that as tech support and after 3 months I got pointed out (missed two days of work and got let go, they had a point system and newbies didn't get many points). After that I've been going to college until now. I was in college from 7/06 until 8/08 because my job paid for it. After I got laid off I left school until now. So its pretty inconsistent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 07:35 PM

So will any of the work give you a bad reference?

You apply, you can sit and think of a 100 reasons they won't hire you, ( thus sit unemployed even longer) or you merely go and start applying and find a job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Truck driving [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get into truck driving but I have a Felony on my record. Can someone tell me if there is a school that will Take me in or a company that will take a chance on Me HELP!! :( :( :(

Truck driving [ 2 Answers ]

Do you know ant trucking companies that will help get my licenses back,they are suspended but I heard there are companies out there that will help if you obligate so much time to the their company.I have no felonies,just can't afford to get them back right now

View more questions Search