Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganclevenger Posts: 12, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Consumer law
    A car dealership sold me a warranty they never activated and a lojack. They were suppose to transfer the lojack on my new car I bought but never did and went on to say they have it in a drawer and numorous other lies on why I can't have it back just yet. But to the point, The dealership refused to refund either item until I threathened to get a lawyer and now they want to refund my warranty but not the lojack, despite wanting to only refund the lojack at first. I went down to pick up my warranty refund at least and the rude office women had a document for me to sign which basically stated in my words that the dealerships owes me no such lojack or any other fees regarding any deals with their dealership. I of course refused to sign this and told her I will just take it to court so she followed me out to my car and verbally abused me and harassed me about EVERYTHING in front of my sister. Can this dealership force me to sign away my rights like that? I mean from the beginning they have done nothing but lie and change there story around numorous times to me my mother and others.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 05:15 PM

No, and they did not force you to sign did they?

You had the right to walk out at anytime if you did not agree to their terms and offer.

Now you have the right to sue them in court.
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 05:37 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    No I just walked out and she followed me, my problem is they have a arbitration clause so I might have to do arbitration but what they did can't be legal right? I mean now they made up a new story that "cartoys sold me the lojack not them" to the Bett
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 06:38 PM

Contact the folks down at the state capitol who regulate car dealerships and complain to them about the shoddy dealership practices. There are certain things the dealership cannot do and this sounds like one of them. This would definitely be a case for arbitration and if you and the dealership didn't agree in arbitration then you, the consumer, could take them to court. But contact the folks at the state first before any arbitration.
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 07:01 PM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    Ive filed two complaints to the attorney general, but they just contacted the dealership and basically nothing done. The dealership fabricated 3 different stories to BBB and AG and it doesn't seem like they care. Its just stressful I have all my evide
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 07:05 PM
    How do I go about issuing a demand for arbitration? The lawyer I hired isn't doing his job by informing them of my discrepancies, and being a mediator. I have had to keep corresponding with them, while counteracting all there lies with proof, and yet I look like I'm a joke because I tell them I got a lawyer and I'm the one still talking to them. They continue to walk all over me and verbally abuse me and I'm 9 months pregnant! Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 07:40 PM

I would file a law suit in small claims court anyway, if they want arbitration instead, make them be the ones to demand it.
    Doing nothing but "talking to them" ( and stop talking to them)
    Is a laugh to them,

No it is not "legal" but often not criminal, since it involves a dispute in contract law, thus will stay civil normally

Also again, not the attorney general, but the department that gives car dealers their license, file a complaint with them
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2010, 07:50 PM

Note: OP has been banned for alias abuse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations-Ontario (consumer law?) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, just found this board and thought I would ask a question that may hopefully save me hours searching around the net or making calls. In Feb 2004 my husband and I joined a travel group, balance owing of 4000.00. Direct payments were to come out for 60 months of about 100 a month....

Automobile consumer [ 2 Answers ]

How long do I have to return a vehicle purchased in Arkansas?

View more questions Search