Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    domdomy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Iam a gay and I want to be straight again
    Look I have been seduced as I was young and now when I grew enough to understand what is the meaning of a definition that I don't own in my personality manhood ,I really tried hard to stop doing these gay actions but all went in vain, I just want to know how to be straight again
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 03:53 PM
    Hi, domdomy!

How long ago was it that you were seduced, please?

Thanks!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2010, 04:12 PM

Why are you so against being gay? What I've been told by all of my gay friends is that it's just the way they are, it's not a choice. And my human sexuality teacher was talking about recent studies that show homosexuality is biological (I don't remember what studies, if I do later I'll be sure to post them). I'm not really sure that you can go back and forth being gay and straight, are you maybe bisexual?

And what do you consider gay actions?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 04:40 PM
    Hi, justcurious55!

I'm not so sure that domdomy is against being gay. What I got from the post was that being gay isn't in the way that domdomy is. Maybe being gay just isn't the way that domdomy knows that he is?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 04:56 PM

If you are not gay and do not wish to have sex with people of the same sex, then stop, no one is making you have sex with anyone.
    dwilyn Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jul 2, 2010, 07:12 PM
    Sexual orientation is not something that can be easily switched off and on. In fact there seems to be increasing evidence (Google it) that sexual orientation is inborn, that is, you are born gay or straight. There are other orientations such as bisexual which is usually described as preferring neither orientation and being comfortable with either. I won't even try to get into the whole area of transgender.
    You seem to be struggling with your "gayness" or at least your gay experiences. How would you describe "straight"? Why do you want to be straight which implies that at the moment you feel you are gay. Would thinking of yourself as straight solve some problems that you are experiencing now?
    The first step is to try and figure out who you are, who you are comfortable with and what kind of people you are comfortable with. If you are mostly comfortable with gays then possibly you are gay and should accept who you are and move on. If you are mostly comfortable with straights-in spite of you gay experiences-then possibly you are straight.
    Finally, if you are not totally comfortable with gay or straight then possibly you are bi and that is all right. Don't fight it so hard and just learn to love who you are. Good luck.
    Dwilyn
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 08:39 PM

Why would you want to be straight? Sounds like a lot of OUTSIDE pressure on you.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2010, 04:42 AM

First off - the important question is, are you attracted to women?

It's possible that someone took advantage of you when you were young and you really aren't pre-wired to be a gay guy.

If you really don't feel comfy in a gay roll and feel attracted to women, then you just need to stop having sex with men and start asking some women out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm gay - he's straight, is a relationship possible? [ 13 Answers ]

I'm a straight acting, masculine gay man. I'm not in a relationship, and live a totally straight life. There is someone that I've known for more than 6 years at work. We've always been good friends, gotten along. In the past few months, the friendship has turn into what I'm positive is...

Am I straight or gay? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 19 and in college trying to find myself. I am realizing that I could possibly be gay, but I'm not sure... I don't know anyone who is gay to help me with this, so I guess for those who are could you help me by telling me how you knew?

Is he gay?straight?just no into me?why then? [ 8 Answers ]

Been with him for just over 5 months We have had sex 4 times maybe... Usually I am the one who's just not into sex But I am so attracted to him that I really want to for once. And he acts like he doesn't. Sometimes he teases me but it is only when he is going home(cause' its late and he's GOT...

Straight or gay? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and ia

How do I know gay from straight? [ 14 Answers ]

Need some advice from the gay dudes; How do you let someone know that your interested in them? Here's a little back ground; I'm from Kentucky, not many gay scenes in the area I live in. Probably wouldn't go even if there was, just not my thing. But I would love to meet someone. Everywhere I...

View more questions Search