Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganclevenger Posts: 12, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 05:54 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Judy you are hilarious! If you have a problem with Sydney then simply don't answer her questions. You are the one who is insulting and rude, Just stop.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 07:33 PM

If you thought the others were out of line, you are going to love mine, first you have no right to demand anything here, people have tried and tried to help you.

Perhaps the reason they cheated you was because they figured they could and you would not do anything about it or not be smart enough to figure it out.

People have told you,

You have the right to go though the court for a full accounting of all the money paid out of the estate. Either you, or you with an attorney not ask ( who gives a flip if you nicely ask) you demand in court for an accounting of the entire trust money and how it was given out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2010, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneyfantastic View Post
    I would like to thank the first two people who tried to answer my dilemma considering now its clear that my question will remain unanswered due to this page reaking of immaturity and unnecessary insults. People just need to stop instigating problems when there input is not appreciated or wanted.
    Sydney, you are WAY out of line here. You asked a question that we just can't answer. We have no idea what your mother did as executor of your grandmother's estate. We have no idea whether she acted properly in her role as executor or not.

The best and only advice we can give is to demand an accounting of the estate, that is your right. If your mother refuses, then you need to retain an attorney to force her to provide it. It's possible that all of this has been recorded with the probate court, in which case, you can try to get the documents yourself or retain an attorney to do so. This is what Judy and others were trying to tell you. Instead of wasting your time and ours repeating the same question that we can't answer.

You also mention that your grandmother set up a trust fund for you and your two siblings. Do you know how those funds were invested? Its certainly possible that the investments were losing money and that's why your mom liquidated them early.

As for taxation, if taxes were taken unequally from each sibling's share of the trust that would certainly appear to be a problem. But the only way to resolve it is to get an accounting of the trust. And if mom won't give it to you you need to retain an attorney to force her to.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that this whole thing was not a put up job to make trouble. The fact that you created another ID and used it to attack Judy, is a serious breach of ethics as well as a violation of our rules. That second ID has now been banned. You have also violated our rules by launching an unwarranted personal attack against one of our members. As I said, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. But you owe Judy an apology and if one is not forthcoming, I will assume this WAS a put up job and will act accordingly.

Comments on this post
    sydneyfantastic disagrees
    May I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Your giving a negative comment to an accurate statement of fact is another violation of our rules.
    sydneyfantastic Posts: 28, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 07:50 PM
    I accidentally clicked disagree on judy, as I said before I am new to this site. And no I did not create another account to attack judy, she responded to another question that was asked by my friend on my account and blew that out of porportion as well. So she made her own account since in doing so was in violations of the rules, according to judy. I came for advice and you are completely attacking me. What are your rules for members being flat out rude to people just asking questions? I don't appreciate any of this and for you guys to attack me is out of line. You asked me questions about my problem I gave you details, and judy decided to be rude so I got offended and then she furthered her actions onto another one of my questions. Bottom Line. I have a right to defend myself from being attacked when MY question is being ridiculed by a member who doesn't want to leave it be.
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 07:55 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    People asked me for details to clarify the matter and I gave it to them, Don't undermine my intelligence because I feel I was deceived. It's a website for advice not rude accusations and people acting like they are above me cause I'm confused about a ma

Jul 2, 2010, 08:01 PM

I reviewed the other threads and I cannot find anything that justifies your claims about being attacked or people being rude to you.

Since you are new to this I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt. I will give you a chance to apologize to Judy and if you do I will reinstate the other account. But I will make myself clear the initial rudeness and only real rudeness was on your part. You could have avoided this by allowing your friend to start her own account and post her own question from the start. You could have read the rules like you said you did when you signed on. You could have browsed around a bit and seen how to use this site before jumping in.

Instead you did none of those things and when Judy gave you good advice you attacked her.

So the ball is in your court now. Apologize for your actions and we will put it behind us.
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    OK that was all I was looking for regarding my question. I didn't mean to disagree with judy, I clicked it on accident and there is no where for me to counteract it, I looked. No account by me was made to attack judy. My friend made her own account si
    -

Jul 2, 2010, 08:28 PM
    Basically telling me I'm just stupid and that's why I got ripped off isn't a attack? Fr chuck I believe. So just ban my account to, I don't need to justify myself anymore.

Jul 3, 2010, 03:06 AM

Comments on this post
    sydneyfantastic : I am not interested in apologizing to judy, and the other account is not my problem, its meg's. I feel we can both benefit by seeking advice somewhere else. I do not feel attacked for no reason, oviously your one sided with other "experts" and I want

If you believe I'm one sided, then you know nothing about me. If you believe you will find better answers elsewhere, good luck to you. I doubt if you will get any different answers anywhere else.

I will say I have no doubt, you felt attacked. That doesn't mean you WERE attacked. One of the drawbacks of this form of communication is that the written word comprises only about 30% of communication. We lack the visual cues of tone of voice, facial expression and body language that make up most of communication. Its not that unusual for people to take offense when no offense was intended or overt. And that's what I see happened here. You took offense when there was none and started getting defensive and attacked others unnecessarily.
    -

Jul 3, 2010, 10:34 AM
    "shutting you up" "if you thought the others were out of line your going to love mine" "maybe they knew you were to stupid to figure it out" Right.. I researched this website and it is NOTORIOUS for abuse by so called experts. If I could delete this

Jul 3, 2010, 02:40 PM

Comments on this post
    sydneyfantastic : "shutting you up" "if you thought the others were out of line your going to love mine" "maybe they knew you were to stupid to figure it out" Right.. I researched this website and it is NOTORIOUS for abuse by so called experts. If I could delete this

Where did you do this so-called "research"? There are some people who have bashed this site because they were banned for violating its rules. Such people have alleged abuse that has never been proven! That you refer to this makes me believe it WAS a put up job. That you were just looking to start trouble.

This thread has now been closed.
    -

Jul 3, 2010, 03:16 PM
    Wow. I found this website for free advise, assumed it was from people licensed in law considering its illegal to give legal advise otherwise and found that you think its OK to be completely rude in your answers and act unprofessionally. And now you de
    -

Jul 3, 2010, 04:37 PM
    Scott then BAN ME its really disappointing that every time I check my email there's an alert to another fabricated story you claim! No proof? People that complained are the proof! Like I really have no life and went out of my way to cause trouble on a advic

Jul 4, 2010, 04:06 PM

Comments on this post
    sydneyfantastic : Wow. I found this website for free advise, assumed it was from people licensed in law considering its illegal to give legal advise otherwise and found that you think its OK to be completely rude in your answers and act unprofessionally. And now you de

If you had read the Terms of Service as you agreed to when you signed up you would not have made these false assumptions. The TOS states how experts are chosen.

Secondly, if you had spent time browsing around as I suggested you would have learned the comments feature is NOT to be used to post followups As you can see the number of characters in a comment is limited.

Also I don't know where you got the idea that giving legal advise is illegal. It is illegal to claim to be a lawyer when you are not. But one does not need to be admitted to the bar to be able to read and interpret laws. Before you criticize people for something you really need to verify your facts.

Finally. I never said its OK to be rude, what I said was no one was rude to you, at least not until you acted rudely yourself. As you continue to do by making false accusations. The facts here are that your questions were answered to the best of our ability, given the nature of the questions. Yet you kept repeating the question. When this was pointed out to you, you started to get rude and defensive.
    -

Jul 4, 2010, 11:11 PM
    Hahahaha get a life! It is illegal I asked a lawyer! You probably work as a plummer for a living and pretend to be a expert.. I mean who has all this time to be online..
    -

Jul 4, 2010, 11:11 PM
    Take your own ADVISE and NO NOT post follow ups yourself! Buhbye.
    -

Jul 4, 2010, 11:15 PM
    One who is NOT LICENSED as a lawyer CANNOT give legal advise to others, especially on a site like this. I got my facts.. GET YOURS. Amazing what a simple phone call does.

Jul 5, 2010, 05:55 AM

Comments on this post
    sydneyfantastic : hahahaha get a life! It is illegal I asked a lawyer! You probably work as a plummer for a living and pretend to be a expert.. I mean who has all this time to be online..

So typical. You can't take the truth so you lash out at people telling you the truth. And you post falsehoods to do so. I don't believe you asked a lawyer since I know there is no law that says a non lawyer can't answer legal questions. If a lawyer told you that it is then they weren't much of a lawyer.

I don't pretend to be anything other than what I am. And that is someone who has accumulated a lot of knowledge over the years and enjoys sharing that knowledge with others.

And since you insist on violating our rules, I'm ending this right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California Inheritance Tax [ 2 Answers ]

As I understand it, California has no inheritance tax. Is this correct? I recently inherited 17K from my mother's trust upon her death, so I'm wondering what tax ramifications this will have for me. Thanks!

Tax on Inheritance in California [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to pay taxes on my inheritance in California?

California inheritance tax [ 1 Answers ]

Does California have an inheritance tax on a bequest received from an estate probated in Ireland?

California Inheritance Tax [ 1 Answers ]

I just receive a California inheritance distribution of $56,000. Also I received a W-9 form from my probate lawyer. Here are my questtions of concern: Must I pay any withholding taxes to either the Federal or State for this amount of inheritance money? (If, yes, what percentage of taxes would...

California Inheritance Tax [ 2 Answers ]

Our parents are American citizens and live in California,the want us to inherit their property in California. We are British citizens and live in England, do we have to pay any death /inheritors taxes in the U.S. Their assets are worth less than $1 million.

View more questions Search