Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KellyCPP Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Should PA SUI be deducted from a deceased employee paycheck?
    I have an employee who passed away in 2010 and is owed wages in 2010. I am aware that federal and state income tax should not be deducted but should PA SUI be deducted as well as medical and 401K deductions?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 06:10 AM

If you are talking about wages, yes, these deductions apply.

I don't understand why Federal and State taxes wouldn't be deducted - this is income earned.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2010, 07:06 AM

I will be interested in what an expert has to say - when my husband died his final paycheck was payable to him all standard deductions were taken and that includes SS, health insurance, state taxes, 401K. I was told that that was the procedure because the check represented salary which is taxable.

I don't understand how wages paid to a legal rep are not taxable because they are wages.

Waiting for an expert -

EDIT: I find two conflicting sites. One says that wages paid to a rep are gross; the other says that the "usual" deductions are taken. I don't know which site is correct and cannot find the IRS Law/rule.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I did not steal, yet they DEDUCTED money off my paycheck [ 3 Answers ]

I have two jobs, one is which part time for 1 day on Saturday. I work there 10 to 6 on sat. Last Saturday, the boss went on vacation for two weeks, and his son was left in charge. I was working with my coworker that had been there for years. The son had to come and do paperwork that day and stayed...

Employee lives in DE and works in NJ - SUI taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to confirm that if an employee lives in Delaware and works in New Jersey, that she should be set up with NJ SUI taxes. There are several, SUI NJ Healthcare, SUI NJ workforce EE, SUI NJ workforce ER, regular NJ SUI and SUI NJ workforce fund. Also what about NJDI (disibility)?

SUI taxes for an F-1 Visa employee [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if SUI is paid for an F-1 Visa employee. Thanks for your help.

Can Child support be deducted out of my paycheck for my husbands order ? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is self employeed. He pays his child support accurately. His ex-wife is angry at him right now and says that she can have his child support deducted out of my paycheck. Now I find that hard to believe considering that is not my child support order or children. Is that possible? Is there...

View more questions Search