Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stillkicking Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 12:23 AM
    No pups
    I have another question. I bred my Yorkie (2 years old) mid May. She should've been
    About 71/2 weeks now. The vet could not feel any pups. She had not been eating for awhile and had to be coaxed and treated. Tonight she ate regular kibble, and ate more
    Than ever. She started having very mucosy stools today with blood in them.. She appears
    To be okay and does her normal activities. Should I worry about this? My little male
    Follows her around and wants to hump her all the time. I'm wondering if it's the blood
    In the stools, that causes him to do that, or if she did not get pregnant,could she already be in heat again?? Has anyone had experience with this?
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Jul 2, 2010, 06:17 AM

If that dog belonged to me I wouldn't worry about whether she was "in heat again." Yes, I would worry about why her eating habits have changed and the fact that she is producing bloody mucosy stools. No one can give you a reliable diagnosis without examining your pooch. You really need to get your dog back to your vet ASAP. Bring the stool sample with you so he/she has a better chance of figuring out what is going on.

I am sure you are not going to be happy with me but for someone who is trying to breed their dogs, you don't seem have much knowledge of the process or how to deal with health problems. Yorkies and small dogs in general, are more prone to complicated births. If your female is having trouble during delivery are you going to look for help online? If I were in your shoes, that scenario would scare the bejeezus out of me. She could easily die giving birth if you don't know what to expect and how to deal with all the different scenarios that could crop up. If you don't have the time to do the research and be prepared for all emergencies, it would be wise for you to rethink your decision to breed your dogs.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2010, 05:51 AM

Get your dog to the vet. If necessary, go to an emergency 24/7 clinic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pups with bumps on backs [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 week old pups have bumps under fur but not under skin on their backs. They irritate them when they are touched. Do they go away or should I go to vet? Thanks!

What do I feed my pups? [ 1 Answers ]

My chihuahua delivered her puppies very greatly although 1 died we still have two very healthy chihuahua pups. They are 3 weeks old about to be 4 on Tuesday. I visited this site saying I should give them mushy food for one meal a day. Does anyone know what type of mushy food to give them? Help...

5 week old boxer pups [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how often my Boxer Mom needs to be feeding her 7 pups a day. I have started feeding them moistened puppy chow with warm water and milk supplement. I need to know how often she still needs to feed them. Also how do I wean them and at what age?

Parvo And Well Pups [ 4 Answers ]

My 2 Cairn Terriers had litters of pups 2 days apart. At 6 weeks, (1st shots not given yet), out of 14 pups, 8 died from parvo. I had originally quarantined the sick ones, but as the days went by, more got sick very quickly. Two that had the virus have survived and seem to be thriving. The...

What ARE these pups? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We've recently taken in two puppies that were dropped off on a friend's doorstep. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what the mix might be. These pictures are both of the girl (they look very similar.) I've had pit bull suggested, but we're really not sure. Is there any way to tell...

View more questions Search