Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ytd12542 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Mtd yard machine dies when reverse gear is engaged.
    Seat switch change reverse safety changed clutch safety changed Tractor goes forward budies when I put it in reverse. Where is this PTO switch on this model?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Jul 1, 2010, 08:09 PM

Without knowing what model you have it is a guess as to where the switch is. Most of the MTD riding mowers I have worked on have the deck safety switch under the panel that has the reverse switch. The switch is under the front right corner of that panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd yard machine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD 14.5 hp yard machine has been hard to start for a while. Turn the key and back off several times before it will start.. I replaced the ignition switch and the solenoid and now it does not even make a sound. What else could it be.

My John Deere Lt190 with the mower engaged dies when I press the reverse pedal, why [ 2 Answers ]

While mowing if I press the reverse pedal the tractor dies as long as I press the pedal, it immediately comes back as soon as I let off the pedal, when the mower is disengaged and I use reverse I have no problems at all. It seems like it's being grounded when the mower is engaged and I try to use...

MTD 42 inch Yard Machine Engine with PTO engaged [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 42 inch MTD Yard Machine lawn tractor. This is the 3rd season for this mower. Sunday I was cutting the grass as usual, everything was normal when the engine began to miss out and sputter, it sounded like it was going to backfire. It acted like it was running out of gas. I pulled over by...

MTD Yard Machine dies when brake is released [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 42" 17hp twin IC automatic MTD Yard Machine bought in 2000 that has me scratching my head. I was cutting the lawn when I hit a high spot ( small mound of dirt ) and the blades caught it. The mover bogged down and died before I could disengage the PTO lever. I disengage the lever, restarted...

Yard Machine only wants to move in reverse. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a Yard Machine (Model# 13BM675G009) 14.5 horse Briggs powered, Transmatic (I think?) mower. It wasn't running when I got it and that has all been fixed but when I start it the mower refuses to move forward. It will move perfectly fine in reverse although it also seems to go in...

View more questions Search