Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacked Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 07:17 PM
    Clindoxyl Gel
    Hello,

I have recently been having extreme problems with my face. I initially started to use Differin. This scorched the heck out of my face and it stung it was dry and itchy. My mom had a dermatologist appointment and brought Differin with her. He gave her some samples of Clindoxyl Gel and said to use it one to two days after. I used this gel last night before bed as dirtected. When I awoke this morning, I was rather unhappy to see that my face was swollen and very red and also very hot. The swelling has not gone down throughout the day and I called a pharmascist. He said to not irritate it anymore with any creams. But that was a no brainer. My question is, is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling. I'm so embaressed that I even called in sick to work today:(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 06:50 PM
    Clindoxyl gel is a combined drug for local treatment of light to moderate acne vulgaris. The gel consists of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide, and has bacteriostatic and bactericidal/keratolytic effects respectively. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing. If you have experienced swelling or any of the symptoms that were mentioned, please consult a dermatologist.
    Jacked Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 06:53 PM
    Thank you for replying. I called my doctor and she told me to take some benadryl and put vaseline on my face. My face isn't swollen or anything anymore. A little dry, but not severely. Now that I know I'm allergic to it, I won't try it a second time in a much smaller dose. Thank you!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 06:56 PM
    You're welcome, sweetie.
    sdfasfdsf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
    I was just proscribed it but the dermo told me it won't start working for three week :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nami Exfoliator Gel [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know of or use this product?

Nami Exfoliater Gel [ 3 Answers ]

I bought this amazing exfoliater gel at a wellness show in Chicago. Does anyone know Where I can buy it?

View more questions Search