Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niknak123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 10:33 AM
    How to strip your hair using head and shoulders
    I have died my hair black with permanent box dies for a while now , however all the time I have regretted it and wanted to go back natural(brown). The only thing is hairdressers have told me that if my hair gets bleached it will damage and dry out the hair.at the moment my roots are about half way down my head and the rest is black , recently I have had my hair cut shoulder length to help get back to my natural hair colour. I overheard that using head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner will strip out the dye in your hair. I would really love to know if that method is correct and if so how to do it using head and shoulders xxxx :) please respond
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2010, 10:41 AM

Hi, a long time ago I died my hair black black black. I wanted it removed, so went to the salon where they stripped all of my hair of the color and then I went through many deep conditioning treatments. I went every 4/5 weeks to get a deep conditioning. 3 months later my hair has never been better.

As for the "shampoo method" it won't really work, the color if anything will fade but it will not be eliminated. Bleaching it is the WRONG way to go I suggest you go to another salon, a reputable salon too, not a fantastic sams type place.

This is my opinion and well I think you should save up your money and go to a decent salon, doing at home fixes will just disappoint you and will probably give you more problems in the end.

I take care of my hair and because I do so it's very healthy :) If you want long healthy hair, deep condition it, go to a salon to get it stripped and never ever dye it black again ;)
    Frankieexox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 12:53 AM
    I am naturally quite fair but have tried many different dyes because I get bored! The latest colour I used was a very very dark brown which really didn't suit me :( After babysitting for my hairdresser I mentioned this to her and asked if there is anyway I can strip the colour. She told me to go and buy a perming kit from the chemist and to pour all of the solution on (obviously without the perming rods) and to keep brushing it through my hair for half an hour. So the next day I brought a perming kit called Pin Up and did what she said, although I wanted to get rid of the colour so badly I left it on for an hour. I kept brushing and brushing the solution through my hair and when it came to rinsing it off I could see the colour draining away :D after you have done this leave the neutriliser that comes with the kit on for 1 minute then rinse again! It really did lift the colour ! Just be warned though the solution smells like rotten eggs and is very runny. Hope this helps anyone with the same dilemma :)
    partly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2012, 05:23 PM
    I have been dying my hair for about 6 months now and its faded out to my natural color but it has this nasty red tint to it and I'd really like to get rid of it! Please help!
    zyionscute Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Hi so ima try this I rely hate my dark black hair... so did u put the solution on it order as u would if u had perm rods in... as derected? Or just poored all on at once?
    zyionscute Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankieexox View Post
    I am naturally quite fair but have tried many different dyes because I get bored! The latest colour I used was a very very dark brown which really didn't suit me :( After babysitting for my hairdresser I mentioned this to her and asked if there is anyway I can strip the colour. She told me to go and buy a perming kit from the chemist and to pour all of the solution on (obviously without the perming rods) and to keep brushing it through my hair for half an hour. So the next day I brought a perming kit called Pin Up and did what she said, although I wanted to get rid of the colour so badly I left it on for an hour. I kept brushing and brushing the solution through my hair and when it came to rinsing it off I could see the colour draining away :D after you have done this leave the neutriliser that comes with the kit on for 1 minute then rinse again! It really did lift the colour ! Just be warned though the solution smells like rotten eggs and is very runny. Hope this helps anyone with the same dilemma :)
    OK so I hate my dark black hair so did u poor the solution on step by step as u would if u had rods it or poor it all at same time at once ? Please help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I strip color off my hair [ 1 Answers ]

After using Natural Instincts hair color (natural color brown with a lot of salt and pepper) and then using Loving Care my hair has a green tint to it. What can I do to get it back to the natural color?

How do I strip the color from my hair [ 1 Answers ]

My hair has become way to dark the stylist I was going too kept using 5nn mixed with another color not sure what that was? The result is waaaay too dark for me I am so unhappy I have tons of grey to hide and I just want to go back to my orig color of dark brown/auburn how can I do this I have been...

How do I strip the color I have in my hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been coloring my hair for about 10 years and the gray is overpowering me. I would like to know how to go from this auburn hair to a blonder color so the gray doesn't show as much? Do I need to strip my hair completely of color? I have no idea how to go about doing that, or if it will be...

How to strip hair rinse [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I've used an almost platnium blonde hair color for years, wanted to tone it down so tried a rinse called 14 carat gold. Ended up with hair that looks too reddish for my skin tone. What can I use at home to lighten it asap?

View more questions Search