Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cardigon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 10:19 AM
    Well sealed room won't cool
    I spent hours of labor making sure my shop area (190 sq ft) was well sealed as to not let any hot air in or cold air out. I am cooling with a 25,000 BTU unit. The problem is I have a service counter with a sliding window that I installed so I could air condition the room. When this window is closed the room doesn't cool and in fact the temperature actually slowly climbs. When I open the window the temperature drops fast and the room cools efficiently to a certain extent as now I am letting the warmer air in. Air circulation issue? How do I correct this so I can keep the window closed and still have the room cool?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2010, 12:18 PM
    25,000 BTU is to big for a 190 square ft area,, get you a humidistat and see what the humidity reading is . Guessing its very high,, not only will you feel hot and sticky, you are looking for a mold and mildew problem
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Are you using a through the wall unit or a split system? Does the unit start to cool then stop? (when window closed) What does the unit do... cycle often, quit running? My first thought is that the unit is oversized and freezing up, blocking the air flow. Can you describe the layout of the room?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does it cost per room to paint walls and ceilling on 12/x12/ room ? [ 3 Answers ]

What is tpical price to paint 12 x12 room ?

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

Why Won't Window A/C Cool Room? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7-year-old Carrier window air conditioner (6000 BTU) that seems to work okay, yet it doesn't cool my 1,400 cu. ft. room. It produces cold air (though my wife thinks it's not as cold as before), and the last time I used it--about 2 years ago--it could freeze a room. Now it can only...

Air conditioning- one room in home does not cool equally [ 5 Answers ]

Our air conditioning unit is located outside, looks like its just a fan, and has two tubes running to it. All air conditioning vents/ ducts are in the ceiling. One room in our home however does not cool anywhere near as well as the rest of the house. This room is located furthest away from the unit...

View more questions Search