Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngballer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 06:37 AM
    2 boils at the base of the penis
    Hi I am 20 years old and have 2 white boils or bumps like 1/2 an inch above the base of my penis. Its not painful at all and has been there for 3 weeks now. I have not been sexually active for past 4 months so I know its not std and I live at home and use my towel so have not transmitted it from somewhere else. It does not grow and has been at the same spot. Can anyone confirm me that this is not something to worry about and will go eventually or should I go check with a doctor?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2010, 07:22 AM
    There can be a lot of things that irritate skin on any part of your body whether a fungal infection, abrasion from clothes, heat rash, benign growths, ingrown hairs, sexually transmitted genital warts or other issues. Chances are good in any event that it's something that can be simply treated, so go to the doctor. It may be embarrassing but isn't it worth 5 minutes of embarrassment at the doctor (who won't think a thing of it) to have months of peace of mind?

Please know just for general information that symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases can be dormant for years. Four months of abstinence is not assurance that we have not picked up these diseases, so to be safe you should avoid sex until you check into this.

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2010, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    It may be embarassing but isn't it worth 5 minutes of embarassment at the doctor (who won't think a thing of it) to have months of peace of mind?
    And if it's a male doctor, he undoubtedly has a penis of his own, so he knows what they look like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard bump on base of penis [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single hard bump on the right side of the base of my penis! I got out of the shower today and I got a needle and had to poke the bump inside and pus and blood was coming out! I think it might be a pimple or something like that! Can anyone help me out??

Red spot on base of penis [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm a virgin and one of the unlucky guy who have fordcyes, but also a few weeks ago I noticed a red spot on the base of my penis about halfway up. It looks similar to an ordinary spot, like you would get on your face. It soon went and a few days later, then another one appeared. Im hopeing this...

Bump on the base of my penis! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently noticed a bump on the base of my penis right above / where hair starts. It is one red bump with no white head to it and it just looks like a pimple. I have recently got a new partner and I got the "pimple" before we started having intercourse. I'm just wondering what...

Wart at base of penis? [ 7 Answers ]

OK so I'm 18 and I have never had any kind of sex. At all. For a while now I have had these little bumps on the base and kind of going up the shaft of my penis but I'm almost 100% sure they are "hair glands" or whatever. Today I noticed a "lump" at the base of my penis, almost like a wart. It...

Confused bumps on my penis shaft and base. [ 1 Answers ]

Latley I have noticed bumps on my penis. On my shaft I've notice a lot of really small white bumps which I think may be Fordyce's spots. But around the base of my penis I've noticed bigger bumps, almost like zits. They are more red and a bit bigger. I've had the same girl friend for over a...

View more questions Search