Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ultimateJQ Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 03:10 AM
    Finding job/training/internship finance department of an organization
    Hey. I want to e-mail my resumes in organizations for job/training/internship in finance department so what should I write in the e-mail message as leaving it blank will create a bad impression I guess? Any suggestions? Like for example I write in e-mail message "I want to apply in your organizations finance department as a junior financial controller or a junior financial analyst or as junior cash/credit manager or..."
    I actually want to know what post/designation/level can I apply in an organizations finance department. Obviously its going to be at a junior/lower level but what should it be called so that I can write it in an e-mail? I am an accounts student currently and just have a internship experience and no full-time job experience.
    Thanks in advance!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 03:42 AM
    Hi, ultimateJQ!

You'll look a lot more credible as someone having volition and having desires to do a job the best that you can if you take the time to research an organization prior to applying for a position and mail in a cover letter and a resume rather than emailing anything. That is, if the organization isn't specifically requesting that applications for positions be emailed to them.

Plus, if you research an organization, you'll be able to mention something about them in a cover letter as well as in a possible interview. Knowing something about them is one way to impress upon them that you're interested in what they do. Also, if you take the time to do some research, you'll be likely to know specifically what positions are available as well as to whom any documentation from you should be addressed.

Thanks!
    ultimateJQ Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2010, 02:55 AM

Hey Clough,
    Thanks for your reply. Well yes one organization asked to e-mail resumes.
    And also thanks for the advise to do research before applying, Il will do my homework.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding an internship [ 4 Answers ]

What are the best ways to find an interesting and paying internship? Are there specific sites that can help search for one? What are internship search dos and don'ts?

View more questions Search