Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth02 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 02:03 PM
    Dad of child wanting child benefit to be housed
    My 12 year old daughter has been very violent and abusive to me she has worn me down over the last 2 yrs,we had one big fight and went to her nans the following day where her dad lives and he phoned me to say she was staying their till this gets sorted temp so me and her could have a break our relationship is so much better now and I keep asking her to come bk home and she says she is every wkend but never does.now her dad has been thrown out and wants me to hand over child benefit so he can get housed with my daughter but she has no intentions of moving in with him and he knows this what should I do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 02:53 PM

Tell her your coming to pick her up and do just that. You do have court ordered custody right? Make sure you bring the papers with you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 03:33 PM

Tell the dad to shut up and get a life.

Tell the girl to get her rear home, she is a child and it is not her choice where she lives
    beth02 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 12:18 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks very much for your response she is coming today to stay while Sunday and I have a solicitors appt this mornin to see where I stand on this issue I have parental responcibility and have had since she was born he hasn't and has never paid csa mo
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 1, 2010, 08:36 AM
    While hopefully you will regain custody of your daughter, that won't erase the issues that caused this all to happen in the first place.

Her father sounds like a deadbeat, paying no support, living with, then getting kicked out of his mother's house.

It has probably been a good experience for your daughter to see that maybe mom wasn't so bad after all. She may put up a lot of bravado, but she will see life with you wasn't so bad.

That being said, it might be time to seek help in learning how to establish rules, and behaviour and boundaries. It is no simple task with a teen out of control, but for your own safety and for the peace you need in your house, it will be well worth the effort.
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jul 1, 2010, 09:32 AM

There is nothing more important than a relationship with your kids. Get help establishing one if you can't do it by yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my dad have to pay 18 years of child support for a child he didn't know about? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay, here is what happened... 19 years ago, my dad had a one night stand, and the girl moved away... She became pregnant, had the child, a girl, and did not tell my father. My father isn't even listed on the birth certificate, and he flat out did not know about his daughter for 18 years... On...

On disability and paying child support benefit below the poverty line [ 3 Answers ]

I agree or consented in court to pay 35% out of my $1299. Monthly ssd benefit,now it $1150. Is court able to apply the 35% if I disagree in file petition for alesser amount

Looking and wanting a child [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm melisse I'm 34 I can't have anymore children I want one more child willing to pay or will to take a baby if none want it please help me I'm really want a child I will even take in twins please help me please:(

Child benefit [ 1 Answers ]

I wish to invest in principal child benefit career builder fund by sip. Would it be the nice decision. Or any other alternate for my child's higher education. He is 2 years old.

How does child benefit [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband has been trying to get his diability since September 2007. He and I do not communicate because he threatened my life one time to many and I have a restraining order. I have heard through family members that he now has a court date for July 2009 because he has been turned down twice...

View more questions Search