Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Dec 13, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Confidence.
    Oh I'm admitting it.
    I have self confidence issues. I never thought I did because well... I don't know I always thought I was pretty dam confident.. but after asking here and talking to some friends they all agree that I have low confidence in myself...
    Something like I feel I'm not good enough so I have to be constantly reassured.
    I've taken the first step in realising and admitting I have a problem and need to change, my only query is what now?
    Where do I go from here?
    Lately with my girlfriend everything is pretty fantastic, both of us are completely happy when it comes to the relationship.
    I have a job that is pretty cool I guess, I enjoy it most of the time.
    Um.. I've just left home lol, I am somewhere with no family what so ever besides my gf's family who treat me as one of they're own anyway so that counts sort of.
    But yeah... what's the next step for me?
    I want to change and stop being so insecure but I don't know how.
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Dec 14, 2006, 06:18 AM
    Around the time I turned 30 I just stopped worrying about what people think of the real me. I say "real" because in certain work situations you have to behave appropriately, but around my peers and friends I am who I am. All you can be is the real you, and no amount of disapproval or disappointment from other people will change who you are. I wish I had the same attitude in my younger years.You sound like you have it together, so why worry?

That constant need for reassurance could really wear on your relationships. I find it annoying (no offense, really). It depends on how many times a day you need a compliment, lol.

I knew a guy who was a pathological liar just because he felt like he wasn't "good enough". He would change his personality like changing shoes just to fit in. It all stemmed from low self confidence. You don't want to be like that.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Dec 14, 2006, 04:30 PM
    Thanks pumibel
    I can see what your saying but may have taken it the wrong way...
    I am comfortable with who I am. Really truly. Of course there's parts of myself that I'm not so fond, but that's true of everyone.
    I don't know why I need constand reassurance and compliments...
    I seem to get upset so easily.. and 9 times out of 10 its for absolutely no reason and no one is at fault but me.
    I know that its wearing on relationships, its OK with mine because my girlfriend and I talk through everything and she understands, but that's not the issue on my mind at the moment, previously I have been worried about the relationship but not anymore. Not at all. So I guess there is definitely some degree of forwards moment isn't there? Lol
    I just don't know where to go from here...
    Anyway thanks
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Dec 15, 2006, 05:33 AM
    Your right- we all have our insecurities- at least you are with someone understanding. It seems you are just sensitive, and there's nothing wrong with that. You just require a mate who can won't take it personally. It seems like that is what you have, so good for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel line chart with "confidence band" [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this forum and need help with a line chart in Excel. I have 40 years of annual data, each expressed as a mean with a confidence interval (CI) having an upper limit (UL) and a lower limit (LL). Instead of plotting the data using error bars to show the CI, I wanted to plot 3...

Confidence... [ 1 Answers ]

Some say that confidence is instilled by a significant other while growing up. Some say confidence happens when you have success at something and you build on that success. Well I didn't draw on a significant other while growing up because Dad didn't have any confidence either. I seem to mirror...

Statistics Confidence Level Question [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I was looking to determine a confidence level for a test I was running. This is for an automotive product that will be in 55,000 vehicles. Could someone please let me know how to calculate the sample rate of testing that needs to be done to obtain 95 % Confidence Level. Thanks, MM

View more questions Search