Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaulC Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Plumbing
    Who is responsible for the plumbing in a condominium, where do the condo and the homeowner draw the line who is responsible for what? Any one know.

Thanks Paul
    eastonwatcher Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Are you renting, Leasing, or do you own/ lease to others?

Dec 13, 2006, 04:33 PM
    They are all owners I'm the plumber always getting stuck in the middle of this argument, does the condo make there own rules or are there acctually NYS laws in place.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Dec 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
    In most cases the condo owner is responsible only for the lines that are inside the unit, or those lines outside the unit that service only that unit. If the problem is with a line outside the unit that services more than one unit then the condo association is usually responsible. But the only way to know for sure is to read the Master Deed for the condominium.

Dec 13, 2006, 06:15 PM
    So far that's what they are doing but there is a fine line they argue about, I will bring up the master deed

Thanks for the help Paul
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Lisa is bang on, we have been building high and mid raise condos in the Tampa Bay Area for the last 50 years . In our area the owners are responsible for all repairs in the confines of their unit. However the sewer and water mains, the stacks and vents and both water and sewer service from the street to the building are considered "common Areas" and are the responsibly of the Condo Association.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing [ 4 Answers ]

How do shower diverters work

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

We have replaced our holding tank and hot water tank in our house and we are having a problem with air in the pipes or something. When the water is running, the water starts to spurt out. I am wondering if we have a problem with our well?

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I bought a house trailer to rent out. I have never delt with trailers before. It has two bathrooms, one on each end of the trailer. When the washing machine empties, the water comes up in the bathtub and commode on the other end of the trailer. It will slowly drain down after...

Plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

How far down is drain past p trap on bathtub already down 8inches past concrete slab no bottom still in sight?

Plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a basement floor drain which is clogged. Had a plumber try to clear the drain with power snake, however, was only able to partially unclog. The drain handles my furnace; water softener and water heater. The plumber says that the drain pipe is galvanized or iron and is most likely corroded...

View more questions Search