Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bela88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 06:15 AM
    Is it right to be given 2 written warnings in 5 weeks over the same thing
    About 5 weeks ago I was given a written warning from my district manager this warning was triggered by a mystery shopper who had been in the store whilst I was installing a new computer for the reigster which is not in my position guidelines. She stated the warning as bad leadership skills and said I would be reviewed the next day on performance since then in total I have seen her once and worked with my manager 9 days because of an accident I had at work which caused two weeks off ii have now been back now 7 days on light duties and been issused a 2 warning for no improvement on my performance when I have eceeded budgets and done everything by the book. My district manager has asked me to quit before she has also touched on personal things with me to in her words to "break me" those attemps did not work so she is looking for anything to fire me. Is this right and is there anything I can do I feel I have little time as she is questioning me on minor things such as 3 minutes late from lunch
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2010, 06:26 AM

Whether its right or not, is subjective. But it doesn't sound like anything you can do anything about. You can try going over the manager's head and complaining, but I don't know how well that would fly.

There is nothing illegal going on here. Sounds like the manager working the system.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2010, 10:04 AM

If you have truly done nothing wrong and feel you are being treated unfairly, then you should complain.

I don't know where you're from, but in the US you can file a complaint with the Department of Labor if you are treated unfairly or are dismissed without a real reason.

It is vital that you document everything... dates/times/what's said and done to support your case.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2010, 01:43 PM

Here in the uk it's a similar proceedure:

1) verbal warning

2) written warning

3) your fired

You can however go to an appeals tribunal if you think you have been unjustly treated and will be allowed to put your case.

You will be expected to show evidence of your accusations... dates,times, witnesses in your defence.

At this point you are allowed to take a witness with you for moral support.

The case is then usually ajourned for 2 weeks, you are then recalled for the boards decision.

Most recently the employees that I know have won their case, so keep your chin up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beer warnings! [ 12 Answers ]

Due to increasing products liability litigation, American beer brewers have Accepted the FDA's suggestion that the following warning labels be placed Immediately on all beer containers: 1. WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra. 2....

Recurring virus warnings [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I turn on my computer my anti virus software informs me that it detected and removed a virus but its always the same one. I am required to restart my computer each time to finish and I would like to know how I can remove this virus completely so that it doesn't have to be neutralized...

Skin Lightening Warnings and Info [ 0 Answers ]

How skin lightening products work There are two chemicals found in skin lightening products, Hydroquinone or Mercury. O Hydroquinone (C6H6O2) is a severely toxic and very powerful chemical used in photo processing, the manufacture of rubber and is an active agent in hair dyes. O Mercury...

Miranda Warnings [ 1 Answers ]

When Does A Non Custodial Environment Become A Custodial Environment?

View more questions Search