Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brindle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 04:35 AM
    I really fancy a friend of mine don't know how he feels about me but I am married
    A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I kissed a friend of mine my husband the same night dreamed that I was going to go off with someone else didn't say who since then I have realized that I do have feelings for my friend and can't stop thinking about him also it is hard because he is also my husbands friend and he lives in the same close as us
    Barry1981 Posts: 33, Reputation: 21

Jun 30, 2010, 04:54 AM

I'm sorry but you really need to get a grip... you're married and he's a friend of your husbands.

Where do you think this is going to lead? Pursuing feelings like this will cause nothing but pain and cost you everything you currently take for granted.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2010, 05:14 AM

Yeah, you really do need to get a grip. You need to put a stop to the feelings or swallow them whole.. like Barry said: Where do you really think this is going to lead?

Do you think this sudden "Realisation" could be about your relationship with your husband and not about your friend? Sometimes people do make up a fantasy or two (both consiously and sub-consiously) as a way to distract themselves from what ever is going on in their current relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 06:19 PM

All this over a dream?? Okay what's really going on?? Do nothing and the feelings will fade. That's your best bet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 06:25 PM

Yes, you don't do anything, expect perhaps work on your marriage with your husband.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 07:00 PM

What has happened to "love and honor?" Aren't we mature enough to realize what a commitment is?

So, you purse this fantasy, possibly end your marriage over it and when the fantasy hits the wall because you found another and another fantasy... what then? Isn't who you are inside a valuable asset? Why squander it all away because you may have a 'tingle.'

I don't know if you have any children but if someday they came to you and presented you with the same problem, what would you suggest that they do?

Stringer

PS 'Stand for something or fall for everything or everyone... ' Stringer
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 07:09 PM

You have a good husband who loves you and yet you are thinking about someone else. That is just unbelievable.

You need to work on your marriage and stop having hot flashes over your husband's friend.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 01:18 AM
    Hi, brindle!

If you're truly committed to your husband, does there need to be a question or issue at all?

Thanks!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2010, 09:08 AM

Stay away from your husbands friend. I think your hormones must be out of whack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to have sex with a female friend of mine who is also friend to my wife [ 14 Answers ]

I am in love with a female friend of mine who is also my wife's friend.I want to have sex with my friend.She also likes me to some extent but as a friend only.She tells she cannot have sex with me but at the same time gives signals to have some intimate relationship.she gives mixed reaction.what...

I think I fancy my best friend.or is it normal to be jealous of her girlfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

I think I'm in love with my best friend. All my life I have fancied girls, but I am highly confused about my sexuality. I just hope to god that I don't turn out to be A-sexual! :confused: Anyway, me and my best friend have been really close for about 2/3 years now.. she is a Lesbian. I have...

I'm gay and I fancy my best friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently turned 15 but I've known I'm gay for about 3 years now. My life is very complicated yet simple in the eyes of the people around me. Being this young and gay and in the closet is so hard and people just don't understand how hard it is. Anyway... I have 2 similar problems.. 1. I have a...

I think I fancy my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 16 and I think I fancy my best friend. We have been friends for 5 years now but I have found myself thinking about her in a sexual way if you know what I mean. She has always been there for me when I have needed her, she tells me that I can tell her anything but if that's true how do you...

View more questions Search