Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monniw Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Toilet Etiquette
    My friend and I have been in debate about her toileting habits. She has this fear of public toilets, which is perfectly reasonable (some public toilets are just nasty). So to avoid as much contact as possible, she "hovers" over the toilet when urinating.

Now a group of friends and I have discussed this matter to no end with her. Many of us are adament that SHE is the culprit! She is the one spraying her sprinkle all over the toilet seat, leaving the toilet unusable for the rest of us!

She claims that she doesn't "spray" and can supposedly "AIM" so that it doesn't splatter all over. But honestly, I've used a public restroom before at the same time she has and she is IN and OUT of there with a quickness. Too quick, I think, to check if she has even left residuals on the seat.

I say, suck it up, double seat cover it if she has to for the rest of us and avoid the splatter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2006, 04:00 PM
    I am just sitting here trying to figure out how this subject comes up in any conversation?

But if a toilet is nasty, OK, you have to, but if it is clean like 90 percent of the ones I go into, sit on it, carry a toilet cover that is disposible.
    Carry disinfectant spray and clean it first if you want to. I have done that in some rest rooms.

And if you do not sit, clean it after you use it, for those coming after you, if it was clean before you started and was not after you got done.

And the mens are not any better, most don't lift the lid when they don't sit down and splatter everywhere.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Or place toilet paper on the seat and then sit down.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 13, 2006, 06:07 PM
    Yeah, I know those sprinkled seats-- icky! I don't think she cares since it doesn't affect her. I am a little amazed at how germ phobic modern society has become when the facts don't really warrant it. Maybe you could suggest she raise the seat with her foot first since she pees like a guy, but ten bucks says she forgets to put it down again. :eek: LOLOLOLOL!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/humor-...ead-26734.html
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 13, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Another option, though not necessarily a whole lot cleaner is to squat while standing on the seat rather than hover. Squatting has been common in many countries where toilets were traditionally nothing more than a hole in the floor. Many countries still consider the "Western" toilet to be the root of many health problems, among them hemorrhoids, as it puts an unnatural curve in the digestive tract.
    That aside, though greatly improving aim, the inherent problem here would be that the floors of public bathrooms are often far worse than the toilets themselves. Thus you risk tracking the contents or contamination of the floor onto the seat. Most people are slobs outside their own homes, it really is a no win situation. :rolleyes: :)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 08:43 PM
    I agree. I'd think it's be pretty hard for a woman to be able to "aim" to avoid splatter. Often even a man can't avoid some splatter so I'd think it next to impossible for a woman to avoid splattering. With a man it's not really an issue since they don't have to sit on the seat. So yes, tell her to double-cover the seat and use it in the conventional manner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tipping etiquette [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I went to a hair salon and had my hair straightened.. I paid $300 plus $70 tip.. 3 days later my hair was wavy again so I had the stylist re-do it . She didn't charge me for the service again but she did charge me for the hair supplies which came to $25.00. Should I have tipped...

Thank you card Etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got married, and have finally sat down to do all of my thank you notes. First I am doing the wedding shower thank you's. But I'm stumped! Should I send a thank you card to those who didn't give a gift? Also, we had an uninvited guest come who didn't bring a gift. Do I need to send...

Wedding etiquette [ 10 Answers ]

Is it okay to wear a black dress/like a cocktail dress to an evening wedding?

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

Wedding Etiquette [ 6 Answers ]

My sister's daughter is getting married soon. Sister is widowed and dating a guy (for several months). Sister wants Date to sit with her in the first pew (Sister will be walked down the aisle to sit in first pew). Daughter says it is her wedding and she does not want date to sit in the first pew...

View more questions Search