Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trusty3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 10:32 PM
    I'm 17 and I'm a few days late for my period, me and my boyfriend are sexually active
    I'm 17 and I'm a few days late for my period, me and my boyfriend are sexually active but I'm on the pill and he uses a condom every time. I know neither of these are 100% but I also understand basic math. I find the odds of them both failing at the same time to be rather ridiculous. I've been really stressed lately, my mom is trying to move me and my sisters out of state (my parents are divorced) and I'm on anti-depressants as well as acid reflux medication. Should I be worried?
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jun 30, 2010, 10:43 AM

Stress can cause your period to be late. So can the meds. Good job on the birth control. Remember if you change pills you need back up for a month and if you miss one you have a higher chance to become pregnant.

Jul 4, 2010, 10:57 AM
    OK so I'm finally on my period, but now it's not heavy it's just like, spotting. And my stomach hurts like at the end of my period. What's up with that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2010, 11:02 AM

We even have experts on here that got pregnant while on the pill and using condoms. So it does happen more often than you realize. I know personally several people that this happened to.

In your case I am glad you are not this time, but the math is easy, your next time may be that 1 in 500 or so.

If you are not ready to be a mother, then there is no safe method
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jul 4, 2010, 11:02 AM

I would guess it is the stress. If you are still having questions go take a pregnancy test and if it is negative relax... You are going to have all kinds of stuff happen in your life. It really isn't as bad as it seems.

Jul 5, 2010, 06:42 PM
    Ok so I bled a tiny bit yesterday and now nothing. What's going on with me? The last time me and my boyfriend had sex was about 3 weeks ago, the condom did NOT break and I haven't missed my pill once. I'm worried and confused though
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 06:44 PM

If you haven't taken a pregnancy test yet, I would suggest you do so using first morning urine.

Oh, and I am one of those ladies who used multiple forms of birth control and still conceived.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2010, 06:49 PM

And missing just one pill, makes it a lot less effective

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period is 10 days late, negative pregnancy test about 3 days ago [ 10 Answers ]

My period is 10 days late, negative pregancy test about 3 days ago... I am just wondering if I am pregnant or not? My husband and I have been trying for about 4 months.. I usually get my period by now.

I got my period 2 days late and lasted for 2 1/2 days can I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I was 2days late with my period and it finally came down on the 25 of June 2010 and it lasted until mid afternoon on the 27th of June it was gone. I have been sick , thrown up headaches and the tender on my breast. My period was heavy and dark , and on the last day it was light and brownish can...

I have not came on my period in 3 months I am sexually active [ 1 Answers ]

I have not came on my period in 3 months I am sexually active

My period is 2 weeks late now.I was sexually active but used condoms.pregtest -ve [ 3 Answers ]

I am not getting periods.its been 15 days.pregtest was -ve.did it 2 days bak.got my last 1 on 19th dec.got sexually active on 23rd dec but used condoms.n its 5th feb today but still not periods.I am 20.dont want to get pregnant.please help me.

View more questions Search