Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakes701 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 04:41 PM
    Telco color code phone jack
    This is a single line wall jack. The jack has 4 screws from left to right-black,red,green,yellow.
    The 6 wires from the wall are solid red,solid green,solid blue,white with red,white with blue,white with green What goes to what?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 08:21 PM

The code is here: IgLou Support :: Telephone Wire Color Codes

The wires are referred to as Pair 1, pair 2 etc. and they have polarity of "Tip" and "Ring"

The solid colors are obsolete now. You should have purchased a jack that had a small punch down block on it and the colors would have been on there.

BUT, there are two wiring schemes TIA 568A and TIA 568B and they are both marked on the jack. Fun, isn't it. See: http://www.sundance-communications.c...4;t=000159;p=2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone nu [ 4 Answers ]

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone numbers can have the area code 229?

Can a wall phone jack be replaced with a flush jack [ 3 Answers ]

The wall jack currently has some gray pieces already wired however the wires have disintegrated can I cut this off restrip the wire coming out of the wall and install a regular flush jack. If not how difficult would it be to rewire a wall phone jack?

Rewiring my phone jack so that I can have my phone on one and my internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting internet in my house and the phone co. said I had to rewirer the line in my bedroom so it would not mess with my other phone line how do I rewire it and do you have a pic I could go by

Color of phone jack wires [ 5 Answers ]

I've searched and found many sites the list several color combinations of phone jack wires but, none of them match our colors. We have solid colors; light orange and dark orange twisted together; light brown and dark brown twisted together; ligt blue and dark blue twisted together and light green...

Cat-5 wiring to a phone Jack which color scheme to use? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I need to place an extra phone jack for the computer. I want to use Cat-5 since I cannot get a hold of any Cat-3. I don't know which colors to use blue/w just blue both to do the connection from the main old time connection box in the basement to the phone jack. Any advice in how to choose...

View more questions Search