Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    originalbear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 01:26 PM
    pole buildings how deep bury the posts
    building a 12 x 24' wood shed/ shed style roof. Using 6x6 posts, how deep do they need to be ? 24" 36" , in concrete.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Jul 1, 2010, 04:57 PM

Where do you live? They need to be under the frost line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I lift or raise a pole that has settled or sunk in an existing pole barn? [ 4 Answers ]

My 25 year old pole barn has a couple of poles that have sunk six to eight inches and I want to jack them up in place. Is there a jack designed for this purpose or a suggested method?

What size pole barn posts do I need to use? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin and I am building a 32x40x10 pole barn. The plans I have call for 4x4 posts. Is this pole big enough or do I need to go with 6x6. The barn is just for shelter for some steers and a couple of horses.

Double pole or single pole switch 4 reversing fan [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have a switch for my fan and another one for my fan light. I would like to reverse the fan movement. Would I use a double pole double throw or a single pole double throw switch?

Double pole or single pole thermostat for baseboard heater [ 2 Answers ]

A more specific question here: My 240v baseboard heater says it can be wired with a single or double pole thermostat. Since 240v is already "dual pole" with two hots, do I want to stick with a double pole thermostat? Are there advantages/disadvantages to each? Thanks.

One pole of untied double-pole circuit breaker breaks [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new dryer (220 v appliance) to replace an older model. The old dryer was connected to the panel via a double-pole breaker except that there was no clip or tie between the poles. I changed the location of the outlet when installing the new dryer, replacing the cable with the...

View more questions Search