Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leslie Ramonas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Immigration for a friend
    I don't know a thing about immigration law. I have a close friend from Kosovo, she is Albanian, who is visiting. Her tourist visa expires in May 2007. She has a sister here who recently married an American. Her sister, however, does not have permanent residence yet.

Is there ANY way I can assist my friend in getting a job while she is here? Can she get an ITIN?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Leslie
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2006, 02:39 PM
    The best answer is to call the INS and ask them your questions.
    Their website is: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

The have a toll free number also:
    National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833). This toll-free call center has additional information and, during their specified office hours, can connect you to live assistance in English and Spanish. The NCSC will be able to answer most questions.
    gelai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 04:18 PM
    I know someone who actually entered United States with just a tourist visa but was able to find a petitioner before his visa expired. His employer petitioned him for an H1B visa(she will also be given SSN once her H1B application is approved), authorizing him to work legally.It usually takes about 6 months (more or less) for it to get approved.If your friend finds an employer who would actually petition her for H1B then it would be much easier from there.the change of status to H1B must be filed right away though, way before her tourist visa expires.Although H1B is not a permanent working permit, it gives the applicant more time to adjust her status. After the H1B approval, she can file for labor certification, then the I-140, then the I-485(AOS). [sorry if it's kind of vague, ask your lawyer for thorough details]. Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Us immigration [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir; My sister is a us citizen she sent immigration forms to his parents forms contains petions,Affidatives and other types of forms. I want to know which types of forms my parents filled she sents me I-485,Life Legalization form,I-693,G-325A, I-690,Affidavite of Support Under Section 213A...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Immigration [ 2 Answers ]

My question is this. I have a green card :o , if I marry someone who has no papers will they become legal in the US, or am I going to screw my residency. I anyone can answer this Id appreciate it, as its so damn expensive to ask this question ?

You.s. Immigration [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a permanent visa for immigrants who are financially secure but are not seeking employment or starting a business.

View more questions Search