Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gypsydoodle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 11:15 AM
    How to become a personal representative of a probate?
    Although my father's will made me Power of Attorney, I found out that this is no longer legal in SC. How do I become the "legal representative" of my father's estate, since this is apparently what he wished & we need to settle probate?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 29, 2010, 04:40 PM

Where in line are you as far as being an heir? How far are you removed from first position ?
    gypsydoodle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 04:48 AM
    First

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of "personal representative" under SC inheritance law [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Under inheritance law of the State of South Carolina, the term "personal representative" Means "heir" ? Thank you. Angelina Manteli

Personal Representative [ 3 Answers ]

My mother has been appointed personal representative to settle late brother's estate. He has land in another state and small amount of money in a bank. How should she proceed in getting this estate settled He lived in Maryland and the land is in Virginia. Thanks

Can personal representative transfer car title? [ 2 Answers ]

I am personal representative for my mother's estate. Her will gave me complete control of her assets. My sister had been driving Mom's car for over a year, with Mom's permission. She does not have a car of her own, nor have the money to buy one. The car is very old, almost worthless from a...

Probate and Personal Representative [ 3 Answers ]

Mother died 4years ago, my sister was named personal rep for the estate. It has now been over 4 years, my other sister and I ( both equal beneficiaries) have received a partial distribution and interim accounting about 2 and 1/2 yrs. Ago. Personal Rep. says that keeping the estate open as long as...

View more questions Search