Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenfe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 11:00 AM
    How can felons get their legal rights restored?
    Can convicted felons have their rights restored? How do you go about it? My dad was convicted of several felonies related to rx drugs but now he would like to be able to vote and own a gun again.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 11:11 AM

Depends on where he lives. Most states prevent a felon from EVER owning a gun... and many do the same forever on voting rights.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Hi, karenfe!

Without knowing the location, it's difficult to answer the question.

Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 05:06 AM

Hello k:

He needs to apply for a pardon.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the legal rights of an adopted donor child, once he/she reaches legal age? [ 4 Answers ]

Does the child have a right to know the donor-father? If the adopted family (legal family) underwent a divorce, what child-support rights do the child have pertaining to the legal father? Especially once legal age (21) is reached? Can the child/teen take his biological father's last name?

Felons can't get foodstamps is this legal [ 2 Answers ]

I just got out of prison and was told that because I have a class f felony I can never get food stamps, I was charged with precursor chemicals a class f felon due to the new crack down on meth. Its just like the laws that came out when crack was worse then coke.

Where to find the document that states restored rights [ 1 Answers ]

This is the second timethat I have sent this question. I need help and I need it in a hurry. In 1985 I was convicted of statitory rape. I didn't end up going to prison until 1976. In Washington the law the requires one to register did not go into effect until 1990. When I got out of prison I...

Oversea Travel for Felons? Legal? [ 4 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon travel overseas? I am not talking about Canada but rather Europe, Asia etc? How does this pertain to those on parole or probation as well as those with a felony history? Let me expand my earlier question abot convicted felons traveling abroad... Can convicted sex offenders...

View more questions Search