Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dremart2k31 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 10:48 AM
    I can sue U.S Bank For a problem they caused
    U.S bank allowed someone to deposit bad checks into my account as well as take money out of my account without any ID they have caused my account to go deeply in the negatives. They allowed some one to take money out and put bad checks in my accounts four time. It has caused me to find a new way to pay bills and it has really make my life hard due to the stress of the matter and that they did not take proper measures to protect my personal information and my identity
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 11:05 AM

Do you know WHO it was, and what their name is.

Trust me... I actually know people who have used the "It wasn't me" excuse to death. If you plan to go that route... you are going to need to prove it. They will have signatures on file on those transactions... as well as security camera photos to defend themselves.. and its YOU that will have to show the burden of proof for the accusations. Not them.

Jun 29, 2010, 11:09 AM
    It was not me the bank and the cameras show that it was not me I do not know the person they know that it was not me I want to know if I have a case and what woluld I have to do
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2010, 11:11 AM

What ID did this person present? If the bank did not exercise reasonable security precautions in allowing someone to withdraw money from your account, they could be held liable.

Jun 29, 2010, 11:20 AM

They did not show any Proper ID the signatures were totally different they gave who ever the person was more money than they were allowed to ever rule was broken
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 11:31 AM

You do know they can give you the entire contents of your account at the teller window. That there is no limit there, only at an ATM.

What name was used (you don't have to actually post it here, just that YOU know it)... was it at a walk up window or a teller machine... did you make official reports?

You are leaving out some important details here... if it was by checks... they know who is doing it... cameras remember. If it was by ATM they know who is doing it... cameras remember.

Last but not least... why have you not had them put a fraud alert on your account... and if they knew this why have they not offered to.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but you are being very vague (almost evasive) on details and having been through this myself something just doesn't sound right. My wife has been in banking for over 13 years at several different institutions... so I know a few things about what they do and don't do behind the counter.

Leave out the Bank name... your name, their name if you know it and any account numbers. The rest you can mention with anonymity.

Jun 29, 2010, 11:58 AM

I have to agree with Smoothy that this sounds fishy. I don't know why a bank would just let someone walk up to a teller and withdraw money from an account without any ID or authorization. But, if in fact they did, then they would be liable for not following procedure.

Jun 29, 2010, 12:09 PM

It was at a branch I never used before I only use two branches since the account has been opened it was in front of a live teller . They have shown that it was not me they used a part of my name not the whole name I have never taken money out of the account by teller only by ATM. I make deposits only by drive through in the same amount every time there is money put into the account everything has its time and place. I don't understand how this person got my information at all. The paper work shows that there was no ID used nor did they look at the signatures on my account they are totally different. They did not follow the rules at all my account is on hiold no money can be put in nor taken out but the checks can still hit the account and they are still doing so. My hold up is the police department they are slow and never on there job with eh police report but the facts are that it was not me and I believe that is was an inside job. It is not fishy, they cashed checks into my account with my information somehow and took money back out with out using an ID four times

Jun 29, 2010, 12:12 PM

Then this is a police matter and you have to push the police to resolve it enough so your account can be cleaned up. The bank WILL be responsible for restoring any funds fraudulently released.

Jun 29, 2010, 12:16 PM

But is it amatter you can sue for

Jun 29, 2010, 12:19 PM

Only if they refuse to make you whole.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is rheumatiod arthritis caused by industrial work? If so could I sue my employer? [ 4 Answers ]

My father has Rhuematiod arthrits. He has been told that this could have been caused by his industrial work. If this is true could he sue his former employer?

Could urine smell around toilet be caused by a venting problem? [ 5 Answers ]

We have a smell of urine in/around two commodes that are on opposite sides of the house. We have had the wax rings replaed on both, but a week later the urine smell was back. We cleaned both commodes tirelessly. We were going to replace both commodes, but someone said that the problem waslikely a...

View more questions Search