Ask
    Meg93 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 10:28 AM
    What do I do if the part where I put disks doesn't work
    Technology
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2010, 10:45 AM

Assuming we are talking about a CD/DVD burner, the first this is to define what you mean by "doesn't work". But if the drive has gone bad, then you replace it.

Jun 29, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Like when I put anything in there it doesn't play music, do anything, or make any response.

Jun 29, 2010, 10:48 AM

Have you tried accessing the drive directly like through Windows Explorer?

Jun 29, 2010, 10:52 AM

No, what's that how do you do that?

Jun 29, 2010, 11:16 AM

If you go into Windows Explorer, you will see a drive letter (usually D or E) see if you can open that and run files from there.

Jun 29, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Oh, OK I'll try that, but if that doesn't work that part in the computer will need to be replaced?

Jun 29, 2010, 12:15 PM

Its hard to tell. There is a software feature in your OS that reads when a disk is put in and tries to do something with that disk. You may have this autoplay feature disabled.

Do a lookup in Help for Autoplay to check if its turned on.

Jun 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
    I did the lookup, and everything is turned in autoplay, so I guess that means this part of my computer needs to be replaced, about how much would someone charge if they had to replace it.

Jun 30, 2010, 10:19 AM

The drive itself should cost you under $50. Maybe another $50 to install it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 10:25 AM
    Did you recently uninstall any CD burning programs?

Jun 30, 2010, 10:25 AM
    Oh. But I did what you said, and it said this device is working properly so I don't know what's going on. I mean, is there another way to play the disk once it's in there.

Jun 30, 2010, 12:07 PM

Oh. I did everything you said, and it said this device is working properly. Is there a way to manually see or listen to your music with steps through start, of what disk you put in?

Jun 30, 2010, 12:08 PM

No, I didn't. The hardrive isn't working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where does Grohe put its part numbers on its kitchen faucets? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Grohe kitchen faucet and have been unable to locate the part number. It's a pull out spray model and I suspect a precursor to a Ladylux. The hose is leaking and I need to replace it. Thanks, W

Unemployment and Part Time work [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently on unemployment and have been selected for an audit. The week they are auditing for is one in which I applied to part time jobs. Will this get me in trouble? I'm still applying to jobs as requested and hope this won't be a huge no no. It's what I could find that week.:confused:

Part time resident ky but all work in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in Ohio and had 3 jobs between January 2007 and may 2007 then I moved to ky and work in Ohio from June 2007 to December 2007. How do I file taxes for this? I'm single no kids no write offs just the 4 different jobs in Ohio but have lived in ky for half the time.

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

Disabilities:can you work part time [ 11 Answers ]

I live in the state of Missouri. I was wondering when you work a part time job, is there a limited amount of money you can make per month that does not inter fear with your SSDI check? If that is the case and you stay under that limit, can you work those few hours per week, claim your withholding...

View more questions Search